Author Topic: cancelled turkish airline flight  (Read 2184 times)

Offline shortlands

cancelled turkish airline flight
« on: May 07, 2020, 09:49:58 AM »
good morning people, like many of you we have flights booked with turkish airlines, it is coming to the point where we believe our flight will be cancelled, so time to think about the options offered, a voucher that needs to be used by feb, is not really an option for us, we believe a refund is the best option, (turkish airlines may not agree)  so is there anyone who has been through this process, how did you fare, was it fairly simply with no problems, or the tactical delays we are expected. any info would be gratefully received

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
Re: cancelled turkish airline flight
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 16:41:05 PM »
we are in the same position, we dont know if to chance swapping them for aug or oct. As they allow one free change without added cost what I want to know is if Aug gets cancelled will they charge to change it to Oct as it will be a second change even though not our fault?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 16:43:10 PM »
You're far better off asking TA rather than us rabble.  ;)

Offline shortlands

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 11:30:24 AM »
The reason we asked is to see if anyone had any experience of getting a cash refund.We will speak to Turkish Airlines, their first response will be to offer a credit note or voucher which means we would be obliged  to book with them at what could be a very increased cost and some vouchers have an expiry date of Feb 2021.Cash does not have an expiry date on it and also means we can shop around and not be at the mercy of one airlines pricing.

Offline lissa

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 13:21:48 PM »
My daughter had flights booked from NZ to Dalaman for July. Part of the flight was with Turkish Airlnes. Initially Turkish Airlines gave the option of booking with no fee and no fare increase, but the flight had to be taken by February 2021. As she couldn't come before then, July was her only possible date, She waited and Turkish Airlines have now said she can book a flight to travel anytime up to end of December 2021, again with no fee and no fare increase. She will probably take this as then doesn't have to worry that the airfares will rise so much that she cannot afford to travel. As far as I know she didn't ask for a refund so cannot comment on that.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf