Author Topic: It's GO! from 4th July  (Read 6714 times)

Offline blueclad

Re: It's GO! from 4th July
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2020, 12:53:20 PM »
Just phoned nationwide building society  with regard to our yearly free flexi plus travel insurance for which we pay as a extra  for our medical conditions that we both have, had to hold on freephone for 15 mins then spoke  Lara a advisor who confirmed that as of the F. O .  info that Turkey travel is valid there is no covid 19 excemptions meaning we are fully covered ,.no extra£££ to pay
 great news indeed! its pays to phone the travel insurance glad I did
 the only thing not covered is if the F O advice is withdrawn we cannot claim .
 we are about to book a package with a on line  holiday hypermarket deal [ £58 cheaper  who are part of TUI group ] TUI package  to calis   for end of august feels better to do it that way rather than flight only they must get us home  plus it works out £ 205 cheaper than our  aborted    june holiday and from  local Bournemouth not gatwick

Offline Steve A

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2020, 19:03:53 PM »
My understanding ,from Martin Lewis,is that if you have an annual policy that was taken out prior to the pandemic and it is a renewal of that policy they must cover you as it’s not a new policy it’s an extension of the dusting policy.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »
Steve A,
I understand that some insurers will not cover covid 19 at all, I think staysure need ££ extra likewise a few others, saga I think is included, nationwide have updated their policy terms hence my post .we would be covered, letter due in post to confirm and amend our policy

one other thing I know is if / when we book our calis package of which is on sale to the oykun and we pay in full , as it stands as of today 8 th july this hotel is not open  as its awaiting Turkish clearance to open for clients to stay, im told by the owners email  Turkish gov clearance  keeps changing on a day to day basis so don't book it yet ,  if we do TUI will cancel and the dreaded refund process starts all over again

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2020, 14:13:34 PM »
blueclad,  we have just got our Travel insurance with Staysure  and we are covered for Covid 19, it was a very good price at £69 for a couples insurance for an Annual Multi Travel, comprehensive, and if you buy it before the 31st of this month they add an extra 3 months, so now we have got 15 months cover !!!   :)

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2020, 08:10:59 AM »
Nationwide website is still showing Covid-19 restrictions for travel ins.

"If you opened a new FlexPlus account or booked a trip after 18 March 2020, you will not be covered for Coronavirus related travel claims. This is because it is a known and anticipated risk.
If your trip was booked before 18 March 2020, you may be covered if you held a FlexPlus or FlexAccount."

:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf