Author Topic: Passenger Locator forms etc  (Read 5183 times)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Re: Passenger Locator forms etc
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 20:54:54 PM »
The border force staff actually helped people fill in the forms there was a guy toeing a caravan in front of me and the border force staff had iPads and filling the forms in for the driver

Offline Steve A

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 21:11:39 PM »
Had a good sniff about and what I figure is once air corridors were agreed we don’t need to fill in a form for returning to the U.K. Willing for someone to prove me wrong

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 21:50:02 PM »
You're not allowed to check-in for a flight at Dalaman to the UK unless you can prove that you've completed the form and can show the reference number. I was there this morning and there were more than half of the passengers for that flight that had to stand there and complete the form on their phones.

I showed that I'd completed mine the previous day and went to the head of the queue.     :)

I was given a piece of paper with the QR code and website details on arrival on Monday.

No sign of anyone being asked to produce proof of completion on arrival at Gatwick though.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 21:56:44 PM by KKOB »

Offline Steve A

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 08:24:54 AM »
You're not allowed to check-in for a flight at Dalaman to the UK unless you can prove that you've completed the form and can show the reference number. I was there this morning and there were more than half of the passengers for that flight that had to stand there and complete the form on their phones.
So like I’ve asked what happens to the elderly,my mother doesn’t have a phone or anything to access the internet,is there somewhere she can go that will help her.This is not very well publicised at all
I showed that I'd completed mine the previous day and went to the head of the queue.      :)

I was given a piece of paper with the QR code and website details on arrival on Monday.

No sign of anyone being asked to produce proof of completion on arrival at Gatwick though.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2020, 08:31:48 AM »
I would suggest that if you are leaving the UK and have a return ticket that you complete the form before departure. You'll have all the necessary details to hand and hopefully someone who can help with completion if needed.

If possible print a copy of the completed form, although it's not essential, provided that you can show proof of the reference number on a mobile device.

To be fair, the check-in staff were being very helpful but it was causing considerable delay to the check-in process for those that had already completed their forms. There were a couple of old ladies who were getting very distraught because they hadn't got phones and were unable to complete the forms. They were taken to an office by a couple of young staff who spoke excellent English and they completed the forms for them. BUT, it seems that in most cases, people weren't even aware of the need for the completion of the form.

Here's a link to the site

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/public-health-passenger-locator-form
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 08:40:06 AM by KKOB »

Offline Steve A

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2020, 09:53:35 AM »
Thanks KKOB going to get her a tablet to take with her ,show her what to do before she goes and give her written instructions

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2020, 10:45:10 AM »
Remind her to make sure it's fully charged too.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2020, 11:36:44 AM »
KKOB , may I ask about the form you were given please I e  the paper you were given with the with the Q R where did you obtain that in dalaman airport ? is this the code you need to complete the form 48 hrs prior to coming back to uk..

Thanks in advance

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2020, 12:15:06 PM »
Yes, it's a sheet of A4 with a QR Code and a website address and details of what was required.

As we got off the plane at Dalaman there was a young lady handing them out. I think most people were under the impression that she was selling something so they either refused it or took one and dropped it further along the way.

On the outward journey we all had to complete a form for the Turkish authorities. 1 sheet of A4, half for Turkish citizens to complete, the other half for foreigners. The form for entry to the UK runs to 3 pages !

Offline blueclad

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2020, 15:47:22 PM »
Thanks for your time KKOB so good of you to reply

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf