Author Topic: Pre booking seats with Turkish Airlines?  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Georgie Girl

• Newly Registered
Pre booking seats with Turkish Airlines?
« on: January 08, 2021, 08:35:00 AM »
We have just booked a flight to Dalaman from Gatwick for October but don't seem to be able to pre book standard seats. If we chose the book seat option under our booking it is only offering the expensive exit/extra legroom seats.  I have googled how to book and it says you can now pay to book but with an economy booking but not sure how.  I tried ringing customer services at TA yesterday and all he said was all the standard seats were booked (??) and that we'd have to wait until check in 24 hours before our flight to choose our seat. I only want to book so I know we will get seats together.  Anyone know how to book or when or is it not a problem to wait? Thanks

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Offline Wasp0

• It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do
Re: Pre booking seats with Turkish Airlines?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 10:35:46 AM »
We have just booked a flight to Dalaman from Gatwick for October but don't seem to be able to pre book standard seats. If we chose the book seat option under our booking it is only offering the expensive exit/extra legroom seats.  I have googled how to book and it says you can now pay to book but with an economy booking but not sure how.  I tried ringing customer services at TA yesterday and all he said was all the standard seats were booked (??) and that we'd have to wait until check in 24 hours before our flight to choose our seat. I only want to book so I know we will get seats together.  Anyone know how to book or when or is it not a problem to wait? Thanks

Hi Georgie Girl,

If i remember correctly when booking with TA you can only book the 'FREE' seats (IE, Not the extra Legroom extra money seats) 30 days before the flight. Things may have changed since we last flew TA (Jan 2020), but I am surprised CS did not tell you this.

Just checked on TA website, chose a flight 35 days away from today and unable to book the FREE seats, changed dates to a flight 29 days away and hey presto able to book ANY seats.

Previso.... Remember your outgoing flight might be within the 30 day reservation period, but your return flight might not, so you may have to wait for the return date to be within to 30 days, but BOOK EARLY as the freebie seats go quickly!!!!

Offline Georgie Girl

• Newly Registered
Re: Pre booking seats with Turkish Airlines?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 15:09:07 PM »

Hi Georgie Girl,

If i remember correctly when booking with TA you can only book the 'FREE' seats (IE, Not the extra Legroom extra money seats) 30 days before the flight. Things may have changed since we last flew TA (Jan 2020), but I am surprised CS did not tell you this.

Just checked on TA website, chose a flight 35 days away from today and unable to book the FREE seats, changed dates to a flight 29 days away and hey presto able to book ANY seats.

Previso.... Remember your outgoing flight might be within the 30 day reservation period, but your return flight might not, so you may have to wait for the return date to be within to 30 days, but BOOK EARLY as the freebie seats go quickly!!!!
Brilliant thanks Wasp0 and much appreciated. Will put a reminder on the calendar.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf