Author Topic: Off Red list today?  (Read 6740 times)

Offline hornedfrog

Re: Off Red list today?
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2021, 10:06:57 AM »
Good news, if you are double jabbed, you no longer need PCR test:

“The Turkish government has removed the PCR test requirement for double vaccinated UK travellers.

Arrivals from the UK must now present just one of the following: proof of full vaccination; a negative PCR test taken 72 hours, or a negative antigen test taken 48 hours, prior to arrival; or certification of recent recovery from Covid-19.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/turkey-travel-pcr-test-double-vaccinated-b1930820.html

Aaaarrrggghh!
My PCR test at home kit is arriving today! That's £43 down the drain...

Offline Fran

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2021, 10:58:20 AM »

“The Turkish government has removed the PCR test requirement for double vaccinated UK travellers.

Arrivals from the UK must now present just one of the following: proof of full vaccination; a negative PCR test taken 72 hours, or a negative antigen test taken 48 hours, prior to arrival; or certification of recent recovery from Covid-19.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/turkey-travel-pcr-test-double-vaccinated-b1930820.html

This is brilliant News, but unfortunately we cannot get out before Nov 8th meaning we will miss the Direct Flights from London (EJ, Jet2, TA, PGS, Tui etc etc), so will have to go via Istanbul, and domestic flight down to DLM. Done this many times before in Non Covid days, so no issue for us to wonder round the new Istanbul Airport or SG airport for a few hours, Can anyone tell me is there any other restriction, legality, paperwork needed for Brits flying internally (Thinking here of HES Code etc) ??

Thanks for any info regarding my question.
Stay Safe Everyone
When you fill in your Turkish locator form it automatically generates a HES code for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Wasp0

• It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2021, 11:07:47 AM »

This is brilliant News, but unfortunately we cannot get out before Nov 8th meaning we will miss the Direct Flights from London (EJ, Jet2, TA, PGS, Tui etc etc), so will have to go via Istanbul, and domestic flight down to DLM. Done this many times before in Non Covid days, so no issue for us to wonder round the new Istanbul Airport or SG airport for a few hours, Can anyone tell me is there any other restriction, legality, paperwork needed for Brits flying internally (Thinking here of HES Code etc) ??

Thanks for any info regarding my question.
Stay Safe Everyone
When you fill in your Turkish locator form it automatically generates a HES code for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Fran.  8)   8)

Offline Dave Cameron

• Grandad
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2021, 15:42:26 PM »
Hi All just returned from Calis Beach and thought it might help with some observations, tips if you are thinking going!

Getting through Dalaman was a breeze, there were more checks and hold ups at the Airport in the UK.

Once in Calis you'll notice there are a lot of restaurants and shops that are closed (some only this season), but those that are open are really pleased to see you and prices are very reasonable, roughly 300 lira for meals/drinks for 2 in Georges/Serkule2 etc and I know you'll want to know the normal barometer, EFES can be anything from 18 to 30 lira, but averages at 25

You are supposed to wear a face mask when walking around and generally most people do, but remember where you are!

One thing that did get most people caught out is that if withdrawing cash from the machines on the main road, they charge you 4.99% to take cash out, so £100 will cost you £104.99, so my advise is to take either Lira with you or sterling. The exchange rate on the week we were there started at 11.25 and by Friday it was 12.00 to the £. Remeber to turn your mobile to airplane mode and turn mobile data off, it can be very expensive.

The promenade is finished but is already requiring some maintenance, if it rains be careful because it can get slippy.

When returning, fill your passenger locator form out and have the QR code or form available on your phone or tablet to show at check in at Dalaman as well as your COVID19 jab forms.

Hope this is useful and enjoy.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2021, 18:15:37 PM »

Thank you for a very useful post Dave.      :)

Offline charlste

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2021, 21:25:32 PM »
Are all the atms charging fees to take lira out?

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2021, 06:39:02 AM »
Are all the atms charging fees to take lira out?
Garanti and YapiKredi both charged in the range of 5%; however, last night I was pleased to find that Halkbank didn't charge...guess where I'm taking cash in future?

Offline darmontie

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2021, 15:33:10 PM »
Are there any Halkbank atm in the Calis beach/Sunday Market Road areas please?

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2021, 16:47:04 PM »
Are there any Halkbank atm in the Calis beach/Sunday Market Road areas please?

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

I checked the Google and it doesn't show any in Calis, but there are 5-6 in Fethiye. The one I went to is located in Erasta Mall. That doesn't mean there aren't any Halkbank ATMs in Calis, perhaps someone else can help with their more local knowledge.

Offline charlste

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2021, 18:19:24 PM »
Does the atm warn you about the fees before you get the cash?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf