Author Topic: Tuzla information  (Read 1650 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Tuzla information
« on: February 04, 2022, 14:14:01 PM »
Hello everyone, hope you are all warm and well, keeping safe and happy :D
I am after some information about tuzla celal Bayar area please if anyone can help out.
Nearest water and gas, nearest 'big supermarket' sok, a101 etc
Anywhere to avoid,or good advice please?
Thanks for the help
Berna 😘💞

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Tuzla information
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 18:06:33 PM »
Hi Bernie

The big (original) Migros is in Tuzla so that's a good start. Tuzla is a bit marmite to me - I know lots of expats who bought there back in the day - 22k would get you so much floorspace compared with Calis etc.

A Turkish friend once told me he finds it amazing so many British moving in to Tuzla area, "That's the place most Turks are trying to get away from". Some Brits loved it to be fair.

So you can make of that what you will.

Hope all is ok with you by the way.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 03:17:40 AM »
Hi, thanks for the info. I'm ok, getting there bit by bit. I lost my bearings a bit and followed the road down on street view. I was surprised to come out at that crossroads by migros. I always think of tuzla being the tekzen end. So more central than I thought. I enjoyed living in tasyaka by Tuesday market, and absolutely loved cami, by gunlukbasi. Ovacik was too cold for me. Try as I might I can't settle in Calis. I did visit a friend in ciftlik and I very liked it there, from what I saw.
I think there's a new sok and a101 in tuzla but I don't know where. Happy the place is  more central than I thought.
Thanks for the information, hope you and yours are all warm n well.😁

Offline daveG

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 10:02:11 AM »
Hi Bernie, We have had an apartment in Tuzla since 2004 so needless to say we have been very happy there. Tuzla is spread over a large area. We are near the Itfyre (fire station) so 5mins to the dolmush
stop for Fethiye/Calis/Uzumlu/Marmaris etc. 5mins to our top road , and 10mins to Otogar/Erasta.
Our neighbours are genuine working class and can't do enough for you. We are at an advantage in as much that we have been there whilst the area has built up. Consequently over the 18yrs teenagers get married and we get regular invites as do all neighbours to weddings etc.  :angel:   

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 16:29:00 PM »
Sounds wonderful. I like Turkish living better than tourist living.
Hopefully will get some idea where these places are, and get my bearings. It's good to hear people are happily in an area.
Thanks for the reply.

Offline lissa

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 15:16:18 PM »
The Tuesday marketers is in Tuzla not Tasyaka. Tuzla is a large area, both sides of the Calis road as you go from Migros near Kent vets. It extends one side to near Aydem, and to the sea on the other side, and down to near the tax office. Babatasi area starts from there I believe. The area of Tuzla on the road towards Calis, is often called Dolgu Sahasi, but it is part of Tuzla. I have lived in this area for many years, find it very convenient, bus links are good, easy to walk to the seafront, into town, and we have an increasing number of shops around. And the Esnaf in case of emergencies! It is principally a Turkish residential area, though obviously some foreigners do live here.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 00:01:24 AM »
Hi Lissa, hope you are well. I lived on the very last road of Tasyaka, next to Kadir Cami. I only know this because inspector had to look it up for us for the kimlik. I was shocked how big an area it is. Thank you so much for the information, it's nice to know that it's a good area. Hear they built a new sok around there too, mind have to say I prefer A101. Haven't spotted a bakery yet on my street view travels but I'm sure one will pop up soon. 😊

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf