Author Topic: Jobs in calis  (Read 2266 times)

Offline 0kirsty0

« on: October 27, 2005, 20:13:18 PM »
Hi everyone!

Ive been to calis quite a few times now and love it!! Ive always had an ambition to work abroad and i worked in france a couple of years ago but now would really like to live and work in calis or fethiye. The only thing is i have not got a clue where to start. Apart from look for jobs on the net but they all seem to lead to dead ends. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or know of anyone who is looking to employ. I have exprience in retail and customer service. look forward to hearing from u all x  :)

Offline rowanis

Jobs in calis
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 21:52:36 PM »
Try the tour companies, Thomson, Thomas Cook, Anatolian Sky, etc, safest way to work is as a rep.

Offline highlandshrub

Jobs in calis
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 01:13:35 AM »
Do Hotels or Restaurants employ British people?

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Jobs in calis
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 02:57:55 AM »
You MUST have a work permit to work in Turkey.
Suggest you do a search (top right hand corner - 2" down) on here for work permit.
The subject has been covered many times. They are NOT easy to get & if you work without one you could be on the next plane home plus not be allowed back into the country.

I don't think any British person would be happy to work the hours that Hotels/Restaurants expect neither would they be happy with the remuneration. I don't think they are allowed to work in a position that a Turkish person could be employed in.

Do some searches on here - it really isn't easy to work.
Linda

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Jobs in calis
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 15:06:57 PM »
0kirsty0,welcome to the forum

Offline 0kirsty0

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 16:40:56 PM »
Hi everyone!

Thanks for your replies and advice. Im going to look into getting a work permit and keep searching for a job. So fingers crossed! If u know or hear of anything that would be useful to me please let me know. Thanks again.

Kirsty x

Offline maria

• Alfreton, UK
Jobs in calis
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 17:34:50 PM »
I agree with Rowanis safest bet is probably a holiday or transfer rep as you tend to be covered by a company permit.  If you look on the holiday companies web sites some of them are already looking for reps for next year. If you are caught working without a work permit you could be deported.

maria x

Offline xanadu

Jobs in calis
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 21:42:17 PM »
All Brits have been banned from getting work permits for working in bars and as or in estate agents. There are loads of links which give more info on here about this.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf