Author Topic: HSBC coming soon  (Read 4203 times)

Offline cenk

HSBC coming soon
« on: March 23, 2006, 12:46:34 PM »
HSBC is opening a branch in Fethiye . They rented where Akbank was temporary and started renovation.
Cenk

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
HSBC coming soon
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »
Hooray

Offline crossie

HSBC coming soon
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 13:06:59 PM »
That will be handy.

Offline gt1

HSBC coming soon
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 13:13:19 PM »
Many thanks for info

Offline Neisha

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 15:47:50 PM »
Thats good news Cenk. Is there a queue already?

Offline pauline

HSBC coming soon
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 14:49:13 PM »
Hey great news, Finans and Garanti better watch out - I bet HSBC will have intenet banking!!  Who knows I might even understand my bank balances too!!   I should qualify this by saying Finans have been great so no complaints but I use HSBC in UK.
Pauline

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
HSBC coming soon
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 17:32:03 PM »
Pauline, we also use HSBC here.  Can you use the same account or am I being illogical? Surely logic tells me if I withdraw in HSBC bank, it should be free!
Mind you, seeing that great big HSBC tower block at the beginning of The Apprentice, I can see it has to be paid for so the chances are nil......

Offline BUBSMUM

HSBC coming soon
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 19:39:52 PM »
I went on HSBC website last night.  If you look at the International Banking section it is quite informative but I needed to ask some questions so I went into HSBC in the City of London today to make enquiries. I had a quick discussion with some lad who said that if you were an HSBC customer of 2 years standing, they would arrange opening an account abroad for you pretty swiftly, especially if you were a Premier Account Holder (This means sack loads of money in their savings account and a salary of £75,00 per annum).  IF you were NOT an  existing customer an account CANNOT be opened in the UK and you will have to open the account in the country of residence.  There is an International Enquiries telephone number you can ring to discuss (this can be found on the website).  From the way I understood it - you do not necessarily have to have a regular salary going in if you are willing to invest minimum £5,000 in savings, free debit card transactions and a few other facilities etc.  In the website you will see a list of countries - Turkey has a dual taxation agreement with the UK, I think.  The only exception to HSBC rules is that you cannot have CREDIT.  If one of our financial expert FORUMITES can have a look at the website maybe they could explain it better than I in layman's terms.  I would be very interested.  I use my UK bank account and extract money in Turkey with my debit card but this raises charges!  NATIONWIDE current account does not charge debit card transactions but they want to see £1,000 going into the account every month.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
HSBC coming soon
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 20:08:51 PM »
We use Nationwide and don't deposit £1000 per month, we use ir purely for savings and using in Turkey.
Anne

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
HSBC coming soon
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 20:38:07 PM »

We have a Nationwide credit card purely for use in Turkey and we don't get charged on that either.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf