Author Topic: Crystal Palace or Watford  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Crystal Palace or Watford
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 10:12:15 AM »
Yes and can you imagine if they had won - that squad starting in the premiership!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 10:27:21 AM »
Agreed Scunner - but they would have had a £60m cushion  :)

It just proves that circumnavigatiing the rules does not always work out. There's even talk of their owner (who I believe owns another team as well as Udenese) calling it a day with Watford. If that happens I can see them playing 1st Div football the season after next. A shame because they are a nice little club - and no disrespect meant with the word 'little'.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 12:07:21 PM »
A very happy Mrs Tickets around the house today. She is looking forward to next season, and one of her only regrets about living Turkey was giving up her Palace season ticket.  Mind you as usual her Palace mad family, dad, mum sisters, uncles, aunts, nephew, nieces, cousins all got to the game, as indeed did the Tickets off-spring even though they are like their old dad Gooners to the core.  All enjoyed the day enormously.

Hope Palace use the promotion wisely, and more particularly the money that goes with it, to build for the future, in particular a badly needed new stadium development for the 'Team of the 80's' (TV era). Enjoy the next year, possibly - indeed hopefully - another year in the Prem is a realistic expectation, but use that cash to build for the future.  Eagles.......

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 12:15:35 PM »
and no disrespect meant with the word 'little'.
Perhaps a more apt description Stoop would be a great family club.  There's a number like Watford great clubs that attract fantastic local loyalty in the good and the bad times, by attracting family support, and therefore generations of supporters over the years.  Long may it continue as a football tradition, a more attractive and probably economically sustainable model than than the Billy Big removed_by_swear_filter Foriegn supposebly super rich owner coming in and is going to take them to the top of the Prem... rarely works and sadly over the last few years we are seeing some great 'family' football clubs fall foulf of this model, look at Pompey, a sad basket case of a football club

Offline Andrew H

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 12:27:45 PM »
A season ticket holder at palace for 40 years I was there yesterday Fantastic and guess what my son has the same name as the palace manager! We never doubted Palace We are Premier league!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 15:20:39 PM »
usedbustickets - point taken. Yes they ar a great family club - just like Norwich. I've enjoyed away days at both with LUFC  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf