Author Topic: Great Weekend  (Read 3118 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Great Weekend
« on: November 03, 2013, 06:20:18 AM »
What a great weekend, Friday watched top couple get married, last night watched top team beat Liverpool and go 5 points clear,  talked to UBT Friday and I think he even forecast that, only need the spuds to lose today and im on a bender. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
Re: Great Weekend
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 11:06:46 AM »
Watch the game on Sky Des. Arsenal played some nice football. Good entertaining game. Couldnt get to the City game so it was a bonus to catch a good match on a saturday teatime. 

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 11:12:42 AM »
As much as I like Jose - his "i am not appy" comment after the Newcastle was classic   :)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 11:51:22 AM »
I think he meant he was,nt appy with the snow Ian, his players are,nt used to it.  ;)  :)

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 11:57:09 AM »
Yeah - I felt like saying "your fans won't be appy either with the journey back to London".

His other point "when we lose I expect it to be against a big team that is playing well" was made without respect to Alan Pardew getting his tactics right - what does he expect   :)

I said to my lad yesterday - "with all the hype about how good Sturridge and Suarez are and how vulnerable Arsenal's defence is - I expect Arsenal to win and keep a clean sheet" - football has a habit of biting back and I am delighted for Arsene - lets hope he manages to pull the same monkey out of the hat in Dortmund   :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 12:45:23 PM »
 ;D Did you see the Stoke goal from Begovic, Stokes Goal Keeper,??  One kick,one bounce and in the net.. :D

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 14:27:08 PM »
Great result for the Gooners shame I had to miss it, still cught up with it this morning on MOTD.

And let me be clear, even though I am delighted to be at the top again with a good 5 point lead,  lest anyone thinks I am hiding from my previously published views on Wenger.  I still believe that Arsenal would be better off without him.  Or at least to ease the risk of Wenger as a manager, perhaps Wenger could learn to work with a Director of Football.  Who would be  responsible for transfers and the pay budget.  Plus that vital ingredient missing from Arsenal since David Deins departure, someone who is on the club board / executive team who can offer advice/guidance/discussion of a football nature.

I certainly hope that the Arsenal board do not simply sleepwalk into automatically renewing his contract, without putting some controls into place where Wenger has obvious weakennesses.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 15:45:12 PM »
Cant agree with you there Peter, why get rid of Wenger, the longest serving manager in the league and who would you replace him with, he has a great record of his time at Arsenal, and yes we have all heard it before no trophies in 8 years, but he has done it before and he will do it again, took S A F a while to build the best team in the world at their peak. so let him do it his way and not the way of rich owners like Abromovich.  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 00:31:43 AM »
Sorry but Manu have never ever been the best team in the world!

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 06:46:42 AM »
Sorry but Manu have never ever been the best team in the world!

Stoop - who said that - re read the topic - think I am losing it  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf