Author Topic: Liverpool 5 Arsenal 1  (Read 7802 times)

Offline Jack13

Re: Liverpool 5 Arsenal 1
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 15:39:18 PM »
i take it u were the one on the right hand side. post if I am wrong. lol

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 16:55:36 PM »
  :)  :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 03:37:26 AM »
Sorry for my lateness in responding, currently out of the country with unreliable internet access.  Although I did see the game on local TV, and Arsenal were bl**dy awful, even worse than against Mercenary City, where we showed some fight back!

I hope they can get it together for the next few months, and that this is not the start of the usual Wenger February where all challenges to all trophies fall away >:( >:(

So my analysis of the game - spare yourself you may have heard these views expressed before - is that apart from the lack of committment and steel from the players, and perhaps some whose head is already out of the club as they intend to join other clubs on a free at the end of the season, like so many before them. The rest of it is down to Wenger and his pig headedness.  So here we go in bite sized chunks.

Zonal marking fails again, and in this game again from the same player!

Back four are great when they are playing against teams with a single striker, but they always get found out against teams playing two (or indeed more) strikers such as Manc teams, Scousers etc.  When will Wenger learn that you have to set your team up to take on different opposition, you cannot simply rely on playing a particular style of play all the time, particularly when you do not have width and pace.

The absence again of a proper DM (particulalry in a game like this) to break down the opposition.  It certainly aint Arteta who does not have the legs on the necessary steel, he is good for a man marking role but is not a PROPER DM.  Why does he not play Vermallen in the role, in the absence of Flammini.  On which point Wenger has consistently said he does not need a DM, well he should remember that his best teams had great DM like Vierra or Gilberto, and indeed Flammini the first time. On the latter Flammini fell into Wengers hands by luck more than judgement this season, and it has been in many ways a welcome return.

Wenger overplays his best players (often against the best medical and scientific information) and as a result we always suffer from tiredness and too many injuries, with extended recovery time often causing further injuries along the way of the recovery. On the other extreme he underplays his other squad players, who then lack playing time for both match sharpness and fitness.  Not forgetting that some of these players become disgruntled as they do not think they are getting a fair crack of the whip over Wenger 'favourites'.

Everyone knew we needed another striker in January, that Giroud was looking a little shagged out and there was always the risk of injury.  Billy Bendtner is not going to get us a trophy, and do not get me started on Bus Driver Poldoski leading the line a s a striker.  Wenger needed to buy in January but he didn't, and now that is going to cost us.  He did not need to buy the new number one striker, but somemone ideally with Premiership experience to do a stop gap job for three months..... blimey he could have got Berbatov.  He has got to learn to spend money and indeed when to sell players on, even if at a loss, in order to keep the squad strong, fresh and competing.  On which point I hope Wenger is not losing the' head' of Ozil who is looking both knackered and uninspired, much the same as Wengers last big buy Arshavin.  We never got out of him what we should have, well apart from a four goal blitz against Liverpool at Anfield ;D ;D ;D 

I could go on about other Wenger weaknesses, but my point is that he has taken the club so far (although not so far in the last three years) and it is time to move it on, so as you have heard from me before 'Wenger Out', not based upon the last poor performance but based upon a continuing string of weaknesses and pig headedness that is not moving the club on.

Finally having said all that, I'd rather have Wenger than 'Maureen Lite Rogers' any day of the week   ;)   ;)

Come on you Gunners a veritable feast of Football ahead against the Manure, Das Bosch and of course the rematch, cup wise, against the Red Scousers.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 07:50:11 AM »
And who would you have to replace Mr Wenger Pete?     Arsenal 1st or 2nd in the P L for the last 7 months, pretty poor performance there for a manager eh.  : :)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 08:39:34 AM »
Good review UBT but you missed one important detail. Liverpool played brilliantly.

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 09:11:10 AM »
Good review UBT but you missed one important detail. Liverpool played brilliantly.
george they played brilliantly because we allowed them to.

Des there are no trophies for being number one or two for much of the season.  It is now, at the business end of the season that matters when you actually win trophies, and it is that time when your manager has to deliver a winning team/ squad with a strategy that runs the team in to the end of the season and hopefully a trophy or two.  In case you have forgotten since 2009 when money and resources have been available Arsene has failed to do that, and the rot usually starts early in February.  I hope I am wrong, and we win a trophy or two, but historical evidence suggests otherwise.

I could sit here and list out various managers who could do as good as and probably better than Arsene, but that would simply be a waste of effort, because the first step needs to  that the club or AW decides to go.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 09:38:11 AM »
Wenger should get a jacket without a zip...That seems to be the core of all his problems.   ;D
Note to self....Never resort to name calling another team or team Manager it tends to look like frustration and possibly jealousy.  ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 10:27:11 AM »
Think people might like to see that list of managers Pete, I certainly would.  ;) and a very fair point from Jacqui I have to say.  :)

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2014, 10:41:29 AM »
Ah Des simply asking me to draw up a list is not the answer.  I thought. I had explained that already, and can I take your non response to the other points I made, some sort of tacit agreement that there might be something in what I am saying?

Note to self, stick to the shopping, otherwise people might miss out on the bargains.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 19:53:01 PM »
Obviously, Mr Tickets, as a man, you do not understand multi tasking.  As a woman, I can love and follow Football, but also be a good shopper too.    ;) ;D
Note to Des...wish all Arsenal supporters could be as nice as you are.. ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf