Author Topic: Video Technology  (Read 1259 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Video Technology
« on: April 15, 2014, 15:52:00 PM »
thought I would open a new topic, should we have video technology for the penalty box area in football perhaps our admin team could add a votes for and against for our members to comment on.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Video Technology
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 08:27:51 AM »
It will have to come.  Football results are now so important and there can be so much hanging on a bad decision that Football needs the video judge.
For example.  When Andy Carroll hit the Liverpool goalie in the face and knocked the ball out of his hand.  The linesman saw it and waved for a penalty, this was overruled after a while by the ref.  All this while it was being repeated on the big screens at the ground. The players all telling the ref to look.  So, just a quick look could have told him his lineman was right. 

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:32:54 AM »
Fourth official has a monitor and is wired up to the ref - 10 second job. The hard part is where do you stop? For example Suarez 'dive' was outside the box. Had the ref done his job correctly (he didn't see the contact) then he should have given him a second yellow and he would have walked. Video evidence later suggested that there was contact. Correct result - luckily for the ref!

Outside the box can be just as important with regard to diving/sending off incidents and last man incidents.

I'm all for it but if it comes in it needs to be all over the pitch and then we need an official time keeper like they have in Rugby League. Then everyone will see 90 mins of football and the players can roll about as much as they like  ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 16:35:01 PM »
Ah Well, only two replies, My apologies for opening such an uninteresting topic, looks like we will just have carry on with our officials decisions. bet Howard Webb is pleased.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf