Author Topic: FA Cup Final  (Read 2428 times)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Re: FA Cup Final
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 10:51:57 AM »
Honest opinion we was lucky to get away with it.  If it had been almost any other team from the Premier League we'd have been dead and buried after ten minutes, but that's football.  So a great result and the monkey is off the back now about no trophies for 'x' years :D, but a bad outcome in that Wenger is staying. :(

Key word there is "almost". Had it been us (Aston Villa) you'd have whupped us and been into double figures.

Must admit I was rooting for Hull, but congratulations to your guys. I'm glad it was a 'proper' game - I generally find cup final matches pretty dull.

Offline snowtop

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 13:24:36 PM »
I watched it in a full pub in uk and the only people cheering for Arsenal were the proper supporters.  The rest of us were rooting for Hull.

Offline iancarol

• Hull, UK
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 20:43:33 PM »
Hey Ho what will be will be. Great day for the city of Hull our boys gave their all. Just go's to show what a few extra millions can do. Roll on 2017 City of Culture ;D ;D ;D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 10:16:46 AM »
I enjoyed it and the early goals set it up for a good game. To be honest though - Arsenal battered Hull after the second Hull goal went in. They got deeper and deeper trying to hold on.

A couple of iffy decisions - first the free kick for the second Hull goal was taken 9 yds further forward than where the foul happened. Then the Arsenal second was probably not a corner - but these things even out eh  ;)

Good game though and some good football from both sides. I just felt Arsenal's class shone through in the end - especially when they brought subs on.

Offline steve marshall

• Hull, UK
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 11:19:13 AM »
what a day and what game ! city hull gave their all , alas a bit of class from arsenal and tired legs from hull told in the end...but onwards and upwards for my little club ;-)
its been a season of dreams for me.....now roll on europe....and another first for me,as promised to go to the tigers first ever away game on the continent....( hope its france ;-).....or a turkish team...such a shame it wont be away to fethiyespor....now that would have been the dogs nads ....

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 14:14:32 PM »
Enjoy it Steve!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf