Author Topic: A New Kid On The Block  (Read 2819 times)

Offline philrose

A New Kid On The Block
« on: April 16, 2016, 09:04:47 AM »
Tuborg Amber...

Have not tried it yet, anybody who has?

Offline yabanci

Re: A New Kid On The Block
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 09:29:44 AM »
I thought it was vile.Try the beer recommended by USB,a far better taste.

Offline philrose

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:12:01 AM »
Never seen it. Where do they sell it?

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 12:30:34 PM »
Think I will stick to Efes,I can understand if you live in Turkey you would long for more choice but for me on two weeks holiday Efes is ok.I can remember San Miguel not being very popular among Brits on hols many years ago now there is often some bottles in the Badger household  8)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 17:34:32 PM »
Hold fire there, I didn't say I was recommending it, I said I was going to test it and then I would report back on it!

I still have to give that report on the three Mugla brews, but it will need at this stage to be partial as I have only had a chance to test the Blonde and the Red Ale.  I was hoping the Red Ale (7%) was going to be like an Irish Red Ale, it wasn't it was bright RED and was more like an alco pop ... vile beyond description. I wouldn't clean my sink with it.  As to the Blonde (5.2%), not bad, still very gassy, but not necessarily something I'd be demanding is stocked wherever I might be taking a drink.

Unlike the Tuborg Amber, which I think is a good beer and would recommend it to those fed up with the Efes gas and blandness.  It is malty, dark in colour and the gas soon dissipates and you get something akin to a good Pale Ale.  It gets a thumbs up from me, and pleasingly a number of bars and restaurants are now selling it, alongside its sister brew Tuborg Gold, which I will always choose over Efes.

Offline philrose

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 06:04:22 AM »
Had a bottle (or two) yesterday, and while it may not set the beer world alight I was pleasantly surprised.  Slightly sweet (being yet another malt beer) but with a pleasant smoky, slightly bitter aftertaste and a nice thick creamy head. Best of all not too gassy and no rice in the brewing process. Highly recommended for those wanting a change from Efes. ...

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 12:53:15 PM »
my friends hubbie says its very nice so will get afew bottles in for when they visit

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 08:11:32 AM »
Definitely got a taste for this Amber beer. It's the nearest thing to a bitter I've tasted here. The fact that it's not gassy gets the thumbs up from me. Has a slight taste of hobgoblin which I enjoy personally. Not all bars are stocking it yet,but I don't think it will be long.

Offline davybill

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 08:57:01 AM »
Had a couple in Nil bar, very nice got a nice smooth taste, more like beer than laga, 9lira a bottle,
compared to Efes 8 lira a bottle

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf