Author Topic: update on aries please  (Read 3444 times)

Offline brindley

update on aries please
« on: August 20, 2009, 10:57:15 AM »
Has anybody had an update on Aries Hotel, originally Orient have received missed views that pool was not gud and staff walking out we are due to go 3 wks may now cancel and rebook
please let me know

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
update on aries please
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 11:13:22 AM »
"Gud"?

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
update on aries please
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 07:50:24 AM »
Wrong way round brindley, it is the Orient hotel, originally the Aries hotel, or has it changed back? Alan

Offline june

update on aries please
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 17:09:30 PM »
Blimey just give it a chance and go and make your own mind up, if you are really unhappy when you are there you can always organise something else then...

Offline Gavos999

update on aries please
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 17:19:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

"Gud"?

gud - 6 definitions - Abbreviation, or rather a lazy form of the English word 'Good'. PS: Usually used by users from South East Asia

Gav ;)

Offline duncan320

update on aries please
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 16:33:09 PM »
Just come back from this hotel.  After 5 days our tour rep moved us out and almost all companys did the same the hotel was empty bar a few people when we left.  The main pool was green, they did clean it but it wont last as none of the filters worked at all on our last day the other splash pool starte dto go the same way,  All the management staff did walk out and so did maintance staff and chefs etc etc.  If you want a long verson of all the problems i will type it up but i advise against this hotel.  I was there when it all happened.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
update on aries please
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 16:42:49 PM »
Thanks for the update Duncan, there's a lot of searching going on here for the Orient Hotel. Good to have something to report, just sad that it was such a poor hotel.

A long version would be very useful if you don't mind. Thanks. What tour operator were you with by the way?

Offline duncan320

update on aries please
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 17:00:53 PM »
I could go on for ever but to cut a long story short, we arrived all the staff were very miserable and would not speak to the guests at all, and there was not many staff about.  

Food was the same each day i was there, Chicken for tea, melon and cake for pudding nothing else same each day.  The snack bar was also closed 2 of the 5 days we was there.

On the 2nd day of our holiday (10th aug) the main pool was thick with green algie, i seen better ponds than the pool, the other pool also started to look miley.  The main pool was closed guests were told a pool company was come in to fix but they did not the few staff there was there cleaned the pool out and re filled it, but no one used it after that as the filters did not work.

One of the animators was permoted to customer services and he admitted to us that the staff walked out including the management team, all maintance staff, cooks, bar staff etc.  The ones that were left had not been paid for "some time" we was told thats why they were so miserable.  He also said that the kitchens etc were dirty and not up to standard.  

Our company was hotels4u via A1 Travel.  But Cosmos pulled all there guests out and so did other companys, by the time we left there was no one about at all hardly.  

The locals in the shops and bars said that the same thing had happened about 10 weeks or so ago also, all the staff walked out.

We did not ask to be moved but they advised everyone not to stay.

I spoke to a rep from another company who had managed to test the water and they was using to much chlorine and to much pH to control the pool acid.

Im at work now but if anyone has any other questions please mail me or ask here.

Thanks

Offline blueclad

update on aries please
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 17:10:24 PM »
holiday-truth.com has bad reports on this hotel over the last 2 months.
one said they had fish heads for a meal :o yuk.

Ron

Offline duncan320

update on aries please
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 17:45:11 PM »
There was chips out for breakfast on our last day there ! now i like chips but come on, after chicken and chips most nights even i was fed up

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf