Author Topic: Halmar / Club E Hotel  (Read 3420 times)

Offline Fitflop

Halmar / Club E Hotel
« on: March 11, 2010, 13:24:07 PM »
Hi All

Can you help please.

I like the look of Halmar Hotel and I know you can book privately with them and hence the money goes straight to them.  

My other half likes the look of Halmar but also likes the look of Club E but from what I can see it seems we would have to book through Thomson.

Our Son who stayed in Calis Beach last year tells me that Halmar Hotel is more into Fethyie Town but when I read about the Hotel they say 5 mins walk to Calis Beach - totally confused.

The main thing I would like is a Swimming Pool at the Hotel as I prefer swimming in pool's to the Sea. I know both the Halmar and Club E have pools - but when I read a review on Club E - someone had written "God's waiting Room" and it kind of freaked me out.

Can any of you advise us please - also if you tell me Club E is good can you book direct with them.

Thank you all

Fitflop:D 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Halmar / Club E Hotel
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 15:03:54 PM »
I guess you mean Harman?  :)

I'd be happy to stay in either - and I'm not sure where the 'God's waiting room' came from, the clientèle for both are very similar (not sure if that doubles your concerns though :D ) - I've been to both many times and never considered either to be a haven for coffin dodgers  :)

Pool wise you can't choose between them in my opinion, both quiet and plenty of room.

Harman is about 4-5 minutes walk from the centre of Calis, not in Fethiye town by any stretch of the imagination.

I'd say you won't go far wrong with either, both will be pindrop quiet though, and if it were me I'd be happy with either but if pushed choose Club-E  :)

Hope something helps amongst that waffle.

Offline Fitflop

Halmar / Club E Hotel
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 15:28:30 PM »
Thank you Scunner - yes it does help.

Quiet I can do - not looking for All night Dancing.  Gosh would need 12 months to get over that sort of thing now.

Just so long as we can enjoy a meal along the Sea Front and do a little of People watching and a walk around the shops etc etc I will be happy.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Halmar / Club E Hotel
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 15:31:02 PM »
Then either way you shall be happy  :)

Offline sunlover

Halmar / Club E Hotel
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 17:34:13 PM »
I agree with scunner i would choose Club E...

Lovely location, lovely gardens and pool area, very quiet certainly no noisy music nights there...  very close to the restaurants and beach for those lovely summer evenings...

sunlover

Offline ronzeus

Halmar / Club E Hotel
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 19:24:27 PM »
Both good ,go for best price.:D

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Halmar / Club E Hotel
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 19:57:27 PM »
Club E for me , nearer the front!

Offline Fitflop

Halmar / Club E Hotel
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 06:56:16 AM »
Thank you all for your info.  Have emailed both for quotes.

Now to look at booking taxi to Calis.

Fitflop

Offline reggie

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 10:11:08 AM »
You can book with club e direct hotelclub-e.com. But if you want club e you better hurry up as efe only has about 8 private rooms as he has to save the rest for thompsons. We are there 18th June and we booked last year and that was the last 2 rooms that week.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Halmar / Club E Hotel
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 14:43:32 PM »
Thats a nice thought reggie,but do you really think hoteliers refuse direct bookings creating a much better gross income to achieve between £ 2 and £4 per night reserve guarantee.Its not just airlines who doubles book,hence holiday reps have to find alternatives when you arrive and they are full!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf