Author Topic: All Inclusive  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
All Inclusive
« on: April 08, 2011, 08:50:37 AM »
First Choice, Britain's 4th largest travel business, is going to book only all-inclusive hotels from 2012. I wonder whether this will encourage more AIs in Calis.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
All Inclusive
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 09:08:59 AM »
I don't get the AI holidays. I think people would just stay around the hotel and not get out and explore. Where I understand it may be good value if you have kids, I couldn't bear the thought of the same routine day after day in the confines of the hotel....unless you know different????
:D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
All Inclusive
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »
I am with you there Toky, don't understand AI.  We had that at Letoonia but still left the place to eat in Fethiye.  We did meet a couple at Letoonia who were going home the next day and they had never been out of the place, not even a trip over in the boat to Fethiye!!  I suppose it takes all kinds, but if AI did get a grip of Calis it would really affect the restaurants and bars which is bad news for us all.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
All Inclusive
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 09:40:52 AM »
We did it in Tunisia years ago, there was no other option, no where to go outside of the hotel.  
I absolutely hated it.  Stir crazy comes to mind.

Offline BM06

All Inclusive
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 10:15:05 AM »
One being built now and another on its way in Calis, IMO not good for the future of the family run hotels bars and restaurants, it was only a matter time, and unfortunately that time has come.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
All Inclusive
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 12:17:28 PM »
I wonder if the local bar and pension owners will have the same success in shutting them down as they did our bar on Violet:(
I think not!

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
All Inclusive
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 13:28:59 PM »
I have enjoyed many AI holidays. The appeal is simple, you pays your money up front then sit back & let someone else take care of the rest of it! Yes you are tied to the restaurant to get the vfm side but other than that you are free to come & go as you please. I usually have a couple of day trips out or hire a car for the weekend & go exploring, holidays for me are about downtime, reading my book at the side of a pool/beach & letting the world go slowly by doing its own thing, AI is perfect for that. On the last night I normally forsake the restaurant & go out for a "special" meal somewhere, that makes up for any repetition & I've always found the food to be plenty good enough for me but then again I'm not a fussy eater!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
All Inclusive
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 13:37:53 PM »
Never done Ai but can see the benefits of it at somewhere 'far flung' where it may not be prudent or advsable to wander around at night. However in Turkey or Spain I cant see the point unless you have kids and are perhaps on a limited budget- that way you arent worried about not being able to afford it when you get there. As regular travellers to Spain as well as Turkey the Ai is killing the local bars and restaurants.

Offline maximumtom

All Inclusive
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 15:31:10 PM »
If you have a busy life, sometimes all you want to do on holiday is chill out without having to make any decisions; AI is great for this. AI is also good for trying new dishes. They usually have a buffet and you can put 5 or 6 small portions on your plate and then go back for the one you like.

Offline cheers

All Inclusive
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 21:52:48 PM »
What has happened to people going to another country to educate themselves or appreciate what is there if people just plonk around a pool or on complex???
I can go AI 1/2 a mile away from where I live so why would I do a 4 and a half hour flight to just be fed and watered?  Whats left a 'tan'?  They also provide sunbeds.  
Done the AI a couple of times as I was apprehensive of where we were going but with hindsight we should have done s/c or b/b.
With regard to the kids wanting ice cream/drinks etc the bars will always 'slip' the kids a drink or a free ice cream!
I agree with Cavfan AI will kill off the local bars/restaurants!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf