Author Topic: sunset beach  (Read 3034 times)

Offline IanK

sunset beach
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 18:12:05 PM »
Hi Debs,

we also have a place on Sunset and have just got back from there.

The on site restaurant is excellent(Calis regulars will recognise the menu as its now being run by the manager & chef from Lighthouse)but if you go to Guvens or further into town you will find cheaper places to eat.

We really enjoy the walk - there are plenty of places within 20 minutes.

As Scunner & Stoop say, a torch is handy but there are a few more lights on the dark section now - the large villa half way between Sunset and Seaside is now complete and they have external lights on the boundary wall which illuminate the road.

Regards

Ian

Offline debs16

sunset beach
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 20:59:09 PM »
Thanks for all your helpfull replies,can someone tell me what is meant by Koca chalis,i keep coming across this term as im reading various threads,Ooh one more question where is the surf club,is it near the sunset,
Thanks again

Offline Fafbear

sunset beach
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 21:58:17 PM »
Hi - we stayed here last year and had the same concerns as you, did some research after we had booked and thought we had made a mistake, however we had a great time the complex is beautiful and the guys last year couldn't do enough for you (But Hey that's Turkey) We also had some great afternoons and nights in Guvens we would agree the food was excellent and we were always well looked after.  As far as it being dark we were there in July and there were always locals on the beach having BBQ's so there was always a bit of light - never pitch black.  By the way we are back in July to the exact same apartment, does anyone know if Sharkey is still running the bar?

Offline DianaJ

sunset beach
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 22:24:12 PM »
No sharky not back this year, he has opened a kebab place in Hisaronu

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
sunset beach
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 22:27:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by debs16

Thanks for all your helpfull replies,can someone tell me what is meant by Koca chalis,i keep coming across this term as im reading various threads,Ooh one more question where is the surf club,is it near the sunset,
Thanks again

Koca Calis is the area a little further round the bay (not Fethiye way from Calis, the other way along the beach). Koca means big as I recall, and true to form, Koca Calis is the small place near Calis :D

The surf club is found almost the mid point between Calis and Koca Calis, on the beach.

Offline IanK

sunset beach
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 13:10:40 PM »
And for Debs benefit - the Surf Club is less than 100 meters from Sunset Beach Club!

Offline Fafbear

sunset beach
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 15:43:12 PM »
Sharky will be missed, he put a lot of effort into everything last year, but hey I am sure it will be just as good. And the food and atmosphere at surf club is excellent.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf