Author Topic: Sun Valley Apartments or Mirage Apartments?  (Read 3647 times)

Offline D7JMA

• Newly Registered
Sun Valley Apartments or Mirage Apartments?
« on: July 15, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »
 Hi Everyone,

I am looking to stay in Calis Beach at the beginning of August.  I have identified 2 available apartments and wondered    whether anyone could offer an opinion as to which is the better placed within the resort (proximity to beach, supermarkets, bars/restaurants, shops etc)?  They both seem to be at opposite ends of the resort.

Sun Valley Apartments (towards one end of the beach)  http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/turkey/TK2931.htm

and Mirage Apartments (seem to be more inland) http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p783707#amenities

Would be really grateful for opinions.

Many thanks   :)

Offline Lynn25

Re: Sun Valley Apartments or Mirage Apartments?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 15:49:43 PM »
Hi,

I haven't stayed at either complex but can tell you that both are very close to all amenities.  If you haven't been before there are bars, restaurants and shops along the whole beach front from end to end with others also within easy reach away from the front and the transport links are excellent, the dolmus are really regular and you can get around very easily to the markets, Fethiye and further afield.  We have used Owners Direct a number of times and have always found them to be really good. Sorry I can't be much help about the actual complexes but Calis itself is a lovely holiday destination so I'm sure whichever you choose you'll have a fantastic time.  :D

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 16:18:26 PM »
I think, but not 100% sure that the Mirage complex is the new one by the Sunday market

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 16:24:03 PM »
I have a feeling it is not - well, not the one you see while walking round the Sunday market. There is another across the road from the "main" market entrance - if you walked down the road that goes down the side the Roka Restaurant, on the left about 50 metres down.

Offline sunlover

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 09:45:19 AM »
we visited the sunvalley apartment in May this year as we had contacted the owner who was very very helpfull, we never saw inside the apartment as we knew after visiting that it was not for us... the reason for this is we like a smaller complex, and did not need to be that close to the beach.....

the apartment is in a great position for the beach/restaurants, the dolmus runs a 5 minute walk away and there is a small shop 5 minutes walk away that sells all your needs, so i would say very convenient if you want to be close to the beach area..

not sure where mirage apartments are..

Offline charlste

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 14:12:26 PM »
My wife and i stayed in this very same apartment in may for 3 weeks.They have 3 apartments and we were firstly in the 3 bedroomed duplex but this was absolutely disgusting.It was filthy and after we complained they moved us across the landing to their other 3 bedroomed duplex.This was better but not fantastic.The bedrooms were clean and the linen fresh.The suite in the living room is very dirty.
They gave me a small refund when we left which didnt really compensate for what we had to go through.All i would say is just be careful with this letting.
Sun valley is a very nice complex and we have friends who own apartments there.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 16:38:37 PM »
so which one is filthy?  Sun Valley or Mirage?

Offline charlste

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 16:59:30 PM »
Sorry my post was a bit misleading.
The apartment we stayed in was Sun Valley.I was trying to say that even though we had a bad experience in Sun Valley it is still a lovely complex.Just be careful with the apartments  that were advertised in this link.http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/turkey/TK2931.htm

Offline sunlover

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 07:29:03 AM »
Always good to hear from people that have rented apartments advertised, but on this occasion it does not sound good :(

As said when we contacted the owner of the sunvalley apartment she was very helpfull and said we could look inside if needed to, hopefully the owner takes not of what people are saying and cleans the apartment up if as bad as said..

Always good if you can make arrangements to see inside an apartment first as we try to and can say have never had a bad one yet, you can also meet the owners sometimes, which we have done for our September holiday and think so far we have hit the jackpot with what we have found  :)

Offline D7JMA

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 14:55:36 PM »
Thanks everyone, you have been really helpful.  We have managed to book a Lissa Link Villa as the Sun Valley apartment had already been taken (I'm quite grateful for that in view of the comments made, thank you).
Looking forward to our first visit to Calis   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf