Author Topic: Dolphin Beach Hotel Closed ??  (Read 2620 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Dolphin Beach Hotel Closed ??
« on: March 18, 2013, 17:33:47 PM »
Hi All. I was wondering if The Dolphin Beach Hotel is opening for business in 2013. We stayed there in October 2012 and had booked to go back in May 2013,booking with Travel Republic. The booking had been accepted,and then we had an email to say the accomodation had become unavailable,and for us to choose another accomodation.Has anyone heard anything?? :( :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Re: Dolphin Beach Hotel Closed ??
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 18:02:16 PM »
Thanks for that Scunner. My question has been answered in full.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 10:50:26 AM »
Mehmet will no longer be running the Dolphin BUT with it's prime location, I do not see it being closed. I am sure that someone will take it over and whilst the lovely welcome and friendly atmosphere provided by Mehmet & Serhat the chef, may no longer be there, the new people will build on  this.  Who knows there may also be some improvements in the hotel to update it.

Offline angela

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 10:53:58 AM »
I do hope so, our June booking was cancelled, but we still have an outstanding august booking, so we would love it if any new owners honoured our booking, its such a great place to have your breakfast in the morning apart from anything else

Offline stuart1955

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 13:20:05 PM »
I was booked at the dolphin in may but have booked ibrahim bey now but will call into dolphin beach when we are out in calis and see what's happening, but apparently Serhat the cook is no longer there which is a great shame as I really enjoyed the food there

Offline angela

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 13:37:26 PM »
we have the same plan Stuart, for when we go in June. will you post how you get on, and we'll do the same.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 17:00:47 PM »
Yes,I agree with all your posts.We are over 8th - 22nd May and will definitely be calling in for a drink to be nosey and see whats happening.Speaking to Mehemets wife Marian as we did quite a lot last year,she gave us the impression all was not rosey financially at the Dolphin. Hardly suprising with the ridiculously cheap room prices.We have had to change our accomodation to the "Poppy Apartments,which sounds very nice,but I'll  miss having breakfast overlooking the sea. :D :D :D

Offline angela

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 21:59:38 PM »
Yes,I agree with all your posts.We are over 8th - 22nd May and will definitely be calling in for a drink to be nosey and see whats happening.Speaking to Mehemets wife Marian as we did quite a lot last year,she gave us the impression all was not rosey financially at the Dolphin. Hardly suprising with the ridiculously cheap room prices.We have had to change our accomodation to the "Poppy Apartments,which sounds very nice,but I'll  miss having breakfast overlooking the sea. :D :D :D

oh me too, idyllic place for your bread and cheese!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf