Author Topic: Independance for Scotland?  (Read 10110 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Independance for Scotland?
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 16:08:30 PM »
If I had a vote on who is good at banter then Toky would come top - wipe the floor with these jerks, kid!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 16:10:19 PM »
Who's guessed Colwyn's password :D

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 16:12:50 PM »
Me lol

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 16:14:51 PM »
Just pointing out your lack of intelligence on the subject Stoop. Your posts are usually very interesting and informative, but you let yourself down in this one IMHO. And this is in the debating chamber after all, so in my experience of such, John H, good natured banter often leads to stronger sentiments. It would be a boring thread if it didn't occasionally. Mog, time for a geography lesson methinks!!!

So enlighten me then with your superior intelligence on the subject. I have as much right to you to have an opinion on whether I think Scotland should get independence or not. My view is if they want it then let them have it. We might miss the odd one coming down with a chip on their shoulder but I'm sure we'll survive.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 16:15:30 PM »
If I had a vote on who is good at banter then Toky would come top - wipe the floor with these jerks, kid!

She might be able to give it Colwyn but she sure can't take it today  ;)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 16:27:55 PM »
Handbags at 10 paces Stoop!!
 :P

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 16:35:32 PM »
Who's guessed Colwyn's password :D
I have difficulty in remembering it!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 17:14:23 PM »
Also English (well technically half Irish) but lived in Scotland longer than I have in England.  I love Scotland and the people and it's a much bigger place than just Glasgow, although there is nothing wrong with Glasgow it's a great City.
I don't want independence and I only know one person in my group of friends and relatives that does.  I have met and know all about Alex Salmond and I know what a bag of hot air he is.  He let down a community here in my area very badly.  He is only interested in one thing which is Alex Salmond getting his face in the press and on T.V.  When he was our local M.P. he was useless.   I know so many people who went to him, including us with issues and he talked a good story about what he would do and in the end did nothing.  He got in power here with a promise of making the road from Peterhead (The major white fish port in the U.K) to Aberdeen, the Oil Capital of Europe. A dual carriageway.   In twenty five years of his reign this never happened, he sat in his office in Peterhead,..doing what? Getting fat I think.  Well he did claim £200 a month on his expenses for food.
I feel sorry for his wife sometimes, she  often is seen the the local village in Aberdeenshire where they have a fabulous old mill home.  She is kept well under wraps and is not given an airing.  Oh Sorry, forgot she got taken to American for the Scottish Event in N.Y. with First Class Travel and luxury hotels all at our expense.  I don't know whether it has anything to do with her being 17 years older than her husband, but I don't think this is an issue in this day and age and if Scotland did get Independence she would have to come out and stand by her husband's side.   However, judging by the opinions I hear all the time I don't think we will get it.
I also think the English have idea that Scotland wants Independence and they get quite annoyed with the people living here, but the majority do not want Independence

Offline mog

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 17:30:37 PM »
Thank you Jacqui. Whilst i do love the banter and enjoy a good wind up, my original question was a fairly serious one.
As i have lived here for so long i haven't had the chance to ask my Scottish freinds in the UK how they felt about it all, (the ones i could actually understand that is)
 I also read somewhere that if you don't live in Scotland then you don't get a vote, which could well affect the outcome, as half of them seem to live in England.  :)  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 18:22:29 PM »
Yes and English (half Irish) people like Jacqui and I do get to vote on what happens to Scotland  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf