Author Topic: Let the Locals be your guide  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Cheryl

Let the Locals be your guide
« on: June 20, 2006, 16:33:22 PM »
Who better to ask about the locality than the locals. especially ones like Myear at Cafe Soul. What a great guy. with a lovely english wife Sarah.
Myear has offered to give trips to beauty spots in his new car. just for the price of the petrol + a little for his time. This way it helps him to pay for the car.

I told him to bring Sarah along also, as the poor wives don't get to see a lot of the guys during the season.

All credit to Myear for trying to find a business venture that doesn't involve desesting his wife for the summer. in order to make a living.

If it turns out Ok they will make a good many friends during the season, and what a great way for us to see a new country.  8):D 8)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 17:21:22 PM »
Don't want to put a damper on this, but make sure he's properly insured if he's accepting money from you.

Also be careful that he doesn't get dobbed in by someone who's jealous of what he's got / getting.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 17:23:07 PM by KKOB »

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 10:51:58 AM »
I can understand these comments. there are a lot of people who do not like to see someone bettering themselves.
At the moment it is a very new venture and only offered to people as a friendship thing, the same as we might say to people from Turkey visiting over here.
"Let me show you around", you would not question insurance then.

The only difference is Turkish people unlike english, do not earn any money when they are not working, so the extra money is required for their time and Petrol.
and once you become their friend it is up to you, if you trust their driving you accept.  Obviously it is not for everyone. but If you like the guy want to see some of the area, and you think he is a person you can get along with, and I see no reason why he shouldnt be. give it a go.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf