Author Topic: Para Gliding  (Read 5820 times)

Offline nigesam

Para Gliding
« on: July 25, 2006, 21:00:19 PM »
Hi forum, Sorry if this has been covered before, but We are coming over to Calis in a few days for 3 weeks, during which I fancy having a go at that Para Gliding off Baga-Wotsit Mountain and landing on Olu beach front.
Has anyone indulged in this? any one got info, prices etc
ANYONE talk me outta this please!:D
Cheers

Offline booo

Para Gliding
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 21:10:56 PM »
Hi, I went paragliding last May and it was brilliant,it cost £60. I booked with easy riders at olu deniz and they were really good and I have heard good reviews about Pegas also at Olu Deniz.
There was a problem between the paragliding companies and whoever has control over the mountain over admission fees so think they have been taking off from a different point,

Offline tony

Para Gliding
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 21:19:32 PM »
My missus my son and I did it a couple of years ago. If you crave this sort of thrill go ahead its an experience. We did it from the summit but now they take off from a lower point. The gliding companies will haggle we knocked them down from 60 to 40 pounds each. The journey up there is awsome and i was only to willing to jump off the top rather than face the drive back.
Tony

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Para Gliding
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 07:57:20 AM »
Because of the ongoing dispute between the Paragliding Companies and the owners of the launch-site, very few paragliders are taking off from Babadag at the moment. The majority are launching from Kozagac, which is a small village at the base of Babadag. This launch site is at about 950 metres as opposed to Babadag which is at 1980m.

The amount of flying time is reduced so I'd suggest that you ask the company whether you get a discount to compensate for this.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Para Gliding
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 08:26:31 AM »
Apparently the existing contract for Babadag is to be terminated and it will once again be taken over by The National Parks.  So hopefully flying should return to normal soon. :)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Para Gliding
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 09:33:10 AM »
Does anyone remeber how many died last year doing that.?
We walked past the guys one day and they asked us if we wanted a shot.
Told them I had not had enough drink or sun to make me want to.

Hubby wanted to do the parascending off the beach but never got round to it.
We went to Cyprus and he was determined he would do it as it was off the back of the boat-(no getting wet)
So second last day we were on our way back to the hotel and a tout stopped us with an offer so I encouraged him to do it.
While we were waiting on a little shaky wooden pier for the boat, it came in too fast and bashed the pier.  I was heading off the pier into the water but the tout grabbed me and jerked my back.
I am back at work after six weeks and on light duties.  I have paid for osteopath a reflexologist and am waiting for a NHS physio assessment.  
The trouble is if it had happened here I could have got compensation

Have I put you off yet???????

Offline Eric

Para Gliding
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 12:08:55 PM »
WE have both done the Babadag run and all of Fi's female friends have done it....Awesome is the most common phrase used after landing. It's a once in a lifetime experience just flying like a bird with only the sound of the wind and fabulous views (take a camera or video with you)and check your insurance covers dangerous sports or fly with one of the companies that has insurance (common sense really).
We can recommend Sky Sports and have always been pleased with the service and their years of experience. Do It and have fun lifes for living :D

Offline haze

• Newcastle, UK
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 15:46:39 PM »

My  daughter  and   boyfriend  did  the  paraglideing  this  year and  loved  it   they  also  went  with   Sky  Sports  there  comment  was  also  awesome.It  worried  me  as  it  was'nt  a  good  day  weather  conditions  poor  they  went  up  the  mountain  at  10.30  and  it  was  after  3pm  when  they  landed.I  sat  on  the deck  chairs  waiting  and  worrying   thinking  i  lost  a   son  3yr  ago  in  a  motorbike  accident  and  here  i  am  watching  my  daughter  jump  off  a  mountain glad  to  say  all  ended  well!!!!!! Haze

Offline Dippey

Para Gliding
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 18:35:11 PM »
quote:
Does anyone remeber how many died last year doing that.?

Two - One was a complete w******r and was a suicide, the tandem parachutist has never got over it.

The other was an accident, when a lady went to get her camera unclipped and released her saftey harness instead.

As confirmed by my Doktor at Letoon hospital who is based in Oludeniz and is one of the only four Doktors in Fethiye region allowed to do the alltopsies.

There are many accidents, but most of these are by "SOLE" paragliders and NOT tandem jumpers. The sole jumpers come from abroad and do not gauge the therms right or know the area, the tandems are more successful and ""knowledgeable" of the therms etc etc..

Sky Sports is highly recommend, mainly because of thier safety record and that they renew there chutes every year, you can guess where the old ones go.

With tourism down and not many paragliders because of the disputes on charges I have seen people get a jump for £30-£35. So haggle.

Dippz
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 18:39:24 PM by Dippey »

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Para Gliding
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 18:48:25 PM »
The experience was so amazing, I remember thinking to myself 'if I die now I don't care'
I booked through George at Easy Riders, known by all as 'gorgeous George'.
They were very professional and George will also do discounts on his other trips as you are seen as one of his personal friends once you've booked with him! Can't walk past the place now without being dragged in for a drink and a chat. Hope he's still there this year as def want to do it again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf