Author Topic: what to bring  (Read 2974 times)

Offline tedjones6

what to bring
« on: August 22, 2007, 16:37:24 PM »
hi to everyone, we are moving to Turkey at the end of october and are driving over with a small trailer, what we would like to know is, can we bring electric tools and appliances with us and if so do we have to pay any taxes on them, any information would be of great help, it seems that the more we look into things the more complicated it becomes, ta, Ted

Offline Eric

what to bring
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 21:14:38 PM »
We drove over in May just car no trailer and customs only gave us a cursary glance.They did not even want to see the dogs export papers that we'd paid over £200 for [:(!]
There is a tax on white goods, TV, video, DVD etc but not too sure about tools. Ours were shipped by removal company and just labelled as tools and they sailed through. It's stupid things like only 5 cds and 5 dvds so we put them all in various cases.
You can get a comprehensive list from Turkish Embassy on line but my advice...bury electrical goods at bottom with other household goods and personal effects and hope they only check the top of the trailer if at all  ;) :o
Good luck and let us all know how you get on.

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
what to bring
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 22:21:32 PM »
I'd say leave your white goods behind but take your best chisel.

Offline wallace

what to bring
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 05:05:55 AM »
Dont forget your crockpot which is the one item
that does not seem available in Turkey :)

Offline Gandia

what to bring
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 11:11:59 AM »
Eric,
Could you let me know the route you took and how long it took you please?

Offline Firo

what to bring
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 12:01:20 PM »
The route we took was through France, Switzerland, Italy where we took the ferry from Ancona to Cesme Turkey.  Itinery was - Day 1, Travel to the Channel tunnel and through to Calais with an overnight stop in Calais.  Day 2, drove through France and into Switzerland with an overnight stop in Luzerne.  Day 3, travel through Switzerland and onto Ancona in Italy where we caught the ferry at 7.00pm that night.  The ferry was 3 nights and 2 days until we reached Cesme at 06.00am on day 6.  Then sorted out the import of our furniture and then travelled down to Uzumlu.

A detailed route has already been posted on the forum about 1 year ago and it was this route we followed without any problems.  If you do a search I am sure you will find it.

Good luck

Eric
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:02:14 PM by Firo »

Offline tedjones6

what to bring
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 20:51:43 PM »
thank you everybody for your help and advice,we`ll be doing the overland route ourselves and looking foreward to it, once again, thank you all

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf