Author Topic: Storms  (Read 4783 times)

Offline carlan

Storms
« on: November 13, 2007, 09:04:54 AM »
Hi, just wondered what the weather was like in Uzumlu while the storms were raging in Fethiye at the weekend, do you get the same, the backlash or are they like two different worlds? Just thinking ahead to when we have our place out there next year, should hate to come over and find it flooded out or blown away all together!! Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 09:10:26 AM by carlan »

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Storms
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 09:38:45 AM »
 :) Hi Carlan, you'll probably find an answer, in the Weather section  8)

Offline carlan

Storms
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 10:52:18 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by cef

:) Hi Carlan, you'll probably find an answer, in the Weather section  8)

Thanks cef, I did look, but couldn't find anything relating to my question. I put it here because it is directed specifically at Uzumlu. I was refering to the storms of last weekend, not the weather in general, just wondered what affect it had in the village thats all.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Storms
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 12:25:23 PM »
I don't know about last weekend's storms, but when we were over in October, we had terrific storms that went on all night - with incredible thunder and lightening.  Because of the shape of the valley it seemed to rumble around for hours and hours without moving on - and jeepers did that thunder crash !  (two teenage kids ended up in our bed too !!).  The rain - very heavy, was soon absorbed by the fields and olive groves and only left a few puddles to splash though. (Calis Market was fun - up to our ankles in mud !).

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Storms
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 12:34:12 PM »
:D Love it, out with the wllies then, ;)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Storms
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 12:41:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:D Love it, out with the wllies then, ;)

:o :o What.....:D ;)

Offline carlan

Storms
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 13:05:36 PM »
Hi folks, thanks for your replies. My, I don't like the sound of that thunder pookie, I'm terrified of it, and it sounds a trillion times worse than we've ever had here where I live in the UK! I did wonder if Uzumlu got its own weather, a bit Like us here, the nearest town from our village is about the same distance away as Fethiye, we can be snowed in here in the winter, but if you can manage to get up the very steep hill out of here, you enter a different world without a snow flake in sight!! Thought Uzumlu might be a bit the same.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 13:21:04 PM »
Dear Carlan, Pookie conveniently forgets to say that the electric went off in Uzumlu for 6 hours - yes 6 hours - from 4pm till 10 pm on Saturday and on/off intermitently on Sunday. It is standard here that when you get a storm, especially an electric storm, we routinely lose the electric. Unlike uk where you can contact the electricity board to find out the problem, there is no one here to ask so you sit around in darkness and go to bed about 8pm! When you move out remember to pack torches and candles. Welcome to Turkey!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Storms
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 13:50:15 PM »
Chris

You really are a plum - pookie didn't "conveniently forget to say" that the electric went off on Saturday - she covered that with "I don't know about last weekend's storms".

She is in the UK, how would she know, let alone choose to omit?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Storms
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 14:29:50 PM »
Don't know why you worry about it. Ours went off in Kaya around 3.30pm Saturday and came back on again on low power around 6.30 pm Sunday. It's been on and off since then. In fact it's just gone again and I'm using battery power again to keep the PC going.

Burasi Turkiye !
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 14:30:24 PM by KKOB »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf