Author Topic: From all inclusive to self catering...  (Read 1049 times)

Offline fletchie

From all inclusive to self catering...
« on: July 01, 2008, 18:53:17 PM »
Hi, off to Calis next week to stay in an apartment owned by a friend. I have always stayed in Turkey on an all inclusive basis and just wondered if anybody could advise where the best place is to get the essentials that we'll need for the 9 days. Is it best to take our own tea/coffee/sugar etc, I have no idea on the cost of living in Turkey so would appreciate some advice please? We are a party of 3 lasses and I'm the only one who has been to Turkey before.
Is there a good selection of places to eat out and what is the average cost of a meal with drinks? I think I've been spoilt going all inclusive, so apologies for what may seem ignorant questions to ask. Cheers!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 19:24:14 PM »
 :)I would say if you have enough space(&weight)to spare in your luggage take yor coffee, bacon,and other stuff with you, if you hav'nt, dont worry all of the shops sell the essentials and are reasonable.
As regards eating out you can go to the restaurant section for some tips.enjoy. ;)

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 19:30:57 PM »
Coffee is cheaper in the supermarkets in turkey than here

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 22:15:17 PM »
buy a couple of sliced loaves to keep in the freezer for toast etc and get your fresh bread every morning.mmmmmm

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 22:44:22 PM »
i noticed when i was over there last week migros is starting to sell more english produce even found in a small pack of 5 chedder, edam, blue cheese and 2 others i can't remember it was near the end of the holiday so did not buy but next time i am over in aug i will

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf