Author Topic: A good cause  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
A good cause
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 18:16:19 PM »
Been out buying bits for the box. Deodrant, shower gel, mince pies,chocolatew orange. It's not as easy as you think trying to buy for stuff to go in a shoe box. But I couldn't resist these beauties!

http://www.clothingattesco.com/menswear/F+F-Christmas-boxers-and-Santa-hat/invt/fd922500

I can see them going down a treat.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
A good cause
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 09:53:38 AM »
One of my local estate agents placed an appeal in the free newspaper for people to donate these filled shoe boxes for the troops.In three weeks they have recieved THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED filled and gift wrapped boxes.How fantastic.(they can't move in their office now)[^][^]

Offline TGAR

A good cause
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 15:16:53 PM »
Dropped off 12 boxes collected from my workplace, at my local football team (Tranmere Rovers) club shop who are co-ordinating the efforts on Wirral. Every little helps. Politics aside these troops do a wonderful job and deserve a few home comforts.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A good cause
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 17:50:52 PM »
Don't want to put a damper on things but heard a senior officer on the radio yesterday asking people not to send parcles etc because the sheer volume is hampering the deliver of mail from relatives.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf