Author Topic: Telephones  (Read 2046 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Telephones
« on: December 08, 2004, 10:58:23 AM »
Have been trying for several months now to get a phone line connected in Fethiye with the help of a Turkish aquaintance with no luck.

I am told that they do not have any lines available at present. Does anyone know if this is correct. Also is there anything we can do to get a phone installed apart from just sit and wait?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Telephones
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 14:45:00 PM »
hi, we asked for a phone in feb when we purchased and told that this area arkaca gunlukbasi were not yet on digital and no lines available, however we made a new contract in july and with me keep going to the telephne off on a weekly basis had the phone connected at the end of october, There is a lovely lady with long dark hair speks very little english to go with my exceptionally little turkish wh helped me, (we had a few laughs on the way) and then i went back 2 weeks later and got broadband, she was so helpful that i got her a box of chocs. so patience is a virture, smile and make friends. good luck.  but yes phone numbers are a problem but they were given (now this is where my turklish fell down ) maybe 500 or 5000 extra numbers!!! your guess

Offline n/a

• deleted
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 18:49:53 PM »
At the moment there are a large amount of numbers available, we only waited about a week for 2 lines for our office!!!So hurry

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Telephones
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 18:40:18 PM »
We arrived in Kaya village in August and finally got 2 lines installed in late November. We had to pay for 5 telephone poles to be erected but they cost us a total of just 150 million. The biggest problem was that Hanel Houses had not wired the house correctly for the phone points that they had installed during construction of the house.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf