Author Topic: Sands bar(max's bar)  (Read 16281 times)

Offline timknight

Sands bar(max's bar)
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 21:34:22 PM »
We were there for the footy, and were treated very well. The beer went down a treat too, a shame the lads on the pitch couldn't do better. We didn't try to eat, as we thought it looked busy. We will definately visit the bar for food and a few drinks the next time were over though.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Sands bar(max's bar)
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 21:49:57 PM »
Max does a bloody good job we have never had any problems, i do know there was a certain group who felt they didnt need to pay for their drinks and clearly left without paying. come on you guys max has to make a living

Ron

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Sands bar(max's bar)
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2010, 22:33:21 PM »
Aha - I remember that night - first England game and a load of ex-pats (10 or 12) sat eating and boozing - a real blow out! Lobster was taken to their table and we thought it would be bloody expensive, even at Max's prices! Then they all seemed to have their own bill, ordered beers and shorts like there was no tomorrow. The waiters didn't know what was going on with all the separate orders and people coming and going at the table all night. It was very busy and we had to wait about 45 mins for our meal - no problem under the circumstances.

Then after the game we saw them all get up and leave and Maggie commented that it looked like some had just walked off without paying (they were right in out eye line so we couldn't miss them really)

That sort of customer you can do without Max. Those that pay their bills are the ones you want!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Sands bar(max's bar)
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 22:38:14 PM »
That's disgusting. How can people do that. Bet they wouldn't even consider trying to do it in the UK, so why do they think it's acceptable in Turkey. MUPPETS !!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Sands bar(max's bar)
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2010, 23:21:08 PM »
It's one of the amazing things about Turkey - as a complete stranger you are trusted from the first ever meeting. There is nothing much in it for the bar, this great gesture means they at best get what is owed to them and at worst lose out in a big way.

I hope Max remembers them, I'm sure their paths will cross again.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Sands bar(max's bar)
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2010, 10:33:07 AM »
The thing is when I spoke to Max about this (there was a misunderstanding the next day and his brother Fuat thought some of our neighbours were the ones who hadn't paid and I went down to explain what had happened and that they were not with the group but just sat at the end of their table due to it being so busy) he was not prepared to upset these ex-pats even though he had a fair idea who had not paid. I guess he put it down to experience and would make sure his staff were more clued up next time.

I know times are hard but it's a written rule that you pay for your beer and food.

Offline men.max

Sands bar(max's bar)
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2010, 09:25:46 AM »
Thanks to every one Iam very please diffucult to explain when you run business mean Iam owner probebley few people thing Iam layer no Iam  not here my own land Iam triyng to build busines for long turn Highlander You know me long time when I had a restaurant in calis beach did I mistake look like any thing like that yes of course I had a some time problem with cold beers and bad meals now coming more profesional trying all best and I belive will be best in time
That few people they dont come any more so Iam happy bcoz they are not happy when they are here so Iam sure hunders bar and restaurant they find place where they like to spend time my side god is well bcoz when they here all the time suprise and of night early Iam thinking what will be 2 night stressfull anyway when Iam more profesional than like to see them .........................

Offline DANKY

• Never red
Sands bar(max's bar)
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2010, 14:35:28 PM »
Well Maxi boy, you will still have the pleasure of my family again in 5 weeks time we will be out  for a month,

last year even  in busy times you still went out of your way by going and getting bottles of Miller or what ever we asked for that you never had, this  time and there will be 20 of us  so fill the fridge up with beer get the football on and you wont get any complaints from us Tottenham or Westham boys good luck with the rest of the season mate

Danky

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Sands bar(max's bar)
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2010, 10:18:08 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by DANKY

Well Maxi boy, you will still have the pleasure of my family again in 5 weeks time we will be out  for a month,

last year even  in busy times you still went out of your way by going and getting bottles of Miller or what ever we asked for that you never had, this  time and there will be 20 of us  so fill the fridge up with beer get the football on and you wont get any complaints from us Tottenham or Westham boys good luck with the rest of the season mate

Danky

Or you could always watch a good game - Leeds v Derby ;):D

Offline Archers

Sands bar(max's bar)
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 13:19:59 PM »
Max

Good to see your still stessing out. You can't please everyone but you will always try. I still haven't put the pictures on, but I will.  
Your regulars will still come and pass on the good word, they did before.
We wish you the best of luck and hope to see you soon.

Debbie Eddy Alex & Lucy ( you know what)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf