Author Topic: just back  (Read 1097 times)

Offline debs16

just back
« on: May 29, 2011, 21:45:56 PM »
well we have just got back from our first visit to calis,we travelled with our 11 month old grandson so it was a really different type of holiday for us (i have never been so tired in my life)we stayed at the sunset beach club in one of the villas we had our own pool which was a god send,we thought the S.B was lovely although it would have been far easier to be nearer the center,the couple of restaurants that were nearby were not great,must have had some of the worse food i have had anywhere,we have seen quite a lot of Turkey but the cost line is breath taking,however i thought the beach was terrible,i`m so glad i joined the forum as some of the best things we did came from here,we loved Fetiyhe harbour and went to mozaik bahche,gorgeous food,very dissapointed with Olu Deniz,we were all expecting a stunning beach with white sands as you see in all the pics(not the case)went to saklikent and had a lovely day,i have to give a special mention to JERRYS BOAT by far the best boat trip we`ve ever done,and the food was Amazing by far the best food we had during our stay,i would have gone on this trip everyday just for the food,i really dislike all those restaurants along the front that do chinese,indian,mexican,italian......i think its quite sad that i have better Turkish food at home,myself and my husband will go back on our own as we were so so restricted having the baby with us.Abig thankyou to everyone on here as we never went wrong when following your advice

Offline Bluwise

just back
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 08:54:30 AM »
Hi Debs - glad you enjoyed and know how tiring grandkids are too!  
I agree with your points about Olu being a disappointment - we were amazed that a concrete "shelf" had been placed at the water's edge - perfect to slip and break your neck on - and the two foot wide space you get for your sunlounger was also madness - we were touching elbows with strangers!  Wouldn't waste my money again.
We stayed at SB a year last easter and also found it a little remote but a lovely place and well maintained.  
In our last few visits we have always eaten on the front for the views but will go with recommendations on here for a few alternatives this next trip - Mozaic being a definite as the food there is amazing.
We don't use the beach at Calis as I find it too difficult getting in the water (rocks and things) but it certainly wasn't inspiring last year and sounds as though it will be worse this year.  I hope someone takes control and sorts it for those that do use it.
I just love the whole atmosphere of Calis and Fethiye but it isn't for everyone.  Our friends stay in Hisaronu when we go over and we meet up several times throughout the two weeks.  They find Calis boring and a bit "tatty"
That suits me fine as I can be boring and a bit tatty on hols too...... read a book,listen to music, people watch and scruff about in any old thing that comfy - now that's a holiday :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf