Author Topic: Directions Please  (Read 1934 times)

Offline SandraC

Directions Please
« on: July 21, 2011, 16:56:37 PM »
Hi all,

I am off to Calis beach very soon and can't wait!

I want to visit Fethiye.  I know how to get there by river taxi.  What I want to know is directions to Megri restaurant which is in the middle of the bazar.  And also I would like to know directions to where there are those small boutique shops.  So starting from where I get off the river taxi and I am facing the Carfour ish which way from there please.  Can anyone help?

Oh and I have been to the Mozaic (I know I have spelt it wrong) twice and I truly enjoyed both visits.  So yes am going there too!.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Directions Please
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 17:21:17 PM »
From facing Carrefour (which is now Migros!) walk through to the front of Migros & turn right, continue until the start of the one way system, turn left ie with the one way & first right into the Paspatur, just by the Nicholas Homes bureau de change. That'll bring you to the Megri.

Not quite sure which boutiques you're looking for, but there are loads in the road almost opposite the one to the Paspatur where I'm sending you.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Directions Please
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 17:51:13 PM »
First right wont take you direct to Megri.  It will take you past where the old Infinity Jewellers was on the right, it is now further down on the left.  And the shop now on their old site is  called Unique and sells beautiful cushions, ceramics oil paintings and that used to be where Infinity is now, LOL!!  So, take the next turning on the right and you will have the entrance to the Duck Pond on your left and the old Mosque on your right with Megri straight ahead  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Directions Please
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 17:58:09 PM »
The best Boutique Shop is Saman which sells lovely clothes and handmade jewellery.  It is at the first entrance to Paspatur that Liz has given you. Just up on the right hand side next to the Official Honey and Turkish Delight Shop. Megri is not hard to find even from the first entrance, ask in Saman they all speak excellent English.

Offline SandraC

Directions Please
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 10:09:37 AM »
Thank you all so much for the directions.  I am sure I will find my way now, but will print off just in case.  One last thing..........where is the bus stop?  Was thinking I may want to get the bus home at night, but then again perhaps a taxi would be safer?  Anyone know roughly the costs of taxis?

ta muchly Sandra. x

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Directions Please
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 10:56:46 AM »
The stop for the big municipal buses is just by the roundbout with the palm trees, but they finish quite early. Dolmuses are behind the big mosque on the main road into Fethiye. Cost of taxis to Calis probably around 30tl on the meter, but try to negotiate on that

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf