Author Topic: christmas/newyear/ & trips  (Read 3150 times)

Offline lewis.wensley

christmas/newyear/ & trips
« on: October 22, 2011, 11:47:15 AM »
hi everyone
its a while since i last posted on here, but just wanted to ask if anyone had any tip s as to where we could go for christmas dinner/entertainment and new years eve... we are looking at a meal and hopefully with some sort of entertainment. we would be quite happy to try somewhere new. we are regular visitors of the area, and would quite like somewhere different and of the tourist track... Also looking at planning trips, places that we havnt seen before on the usual tourist trips... we have a car and are open to many sugestions.... bus trips are also an option!!!
thankyou all in advance
regards
jo

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 12:20:05 PM »
We normally have 2 topics for Christmas and New Year - restaurants are welcomed to plug their plans and post their menus. But surely it is too early, the Easter Eggs aren't out in Tesco yet!

Offline lewis.wensley

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 16:09:16 PM »
hi scunner (keith)   lol.....  it is only just 9 weeks away, and i would rather ask for reccomendations than just chance it!!!! we are not normally around at this time of year, so not sure what is going on or what has gone on in the past... last time we went out around new year, and went to the usual haunt s but was quite dissapointed by the actual evening... so looking for something a little different!!! like you say prob a little to early yet, but hopefully the calis forum members who live in turkey, may keep an ear open for me and let me know if there is anything?
regards
jo

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 17:02:02 PM »
Most people I know who live here now travel to the Lara beach area in Antalya. They are amazing value 5 star AI, roughly 120 pounds each for 5 days and 4 nights. A lot of the restaurants in Calis are very quiet now at Xmas because of this. We havent ever found a decent place to eat out at Xmas and to be truthful most of the Xmas lunches arent very good  and expensive for what you get. I also Know people mostly with pets who dont travel prefer to eat at home and then  others who go back to England to stay with family. The restaurants try to replicate a Xmas lunch but cant manage it or stick a bit of stuffing and a yorkshire pudding on and double the price.

Offline lewis.wensley

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 19:49:29 PM »
hi mercury, thankyou for your reply. We do have accomodation so we wouldnt be looking to pay for more.. well maybe a night or 2, if we make a trip to somewhere a few hours away, but part of the reason we are going is so we can use our place.. We are definatly wanting to do some traveling and see site s that we havnt seen before... but we are wanting to stay local to Fethiye for xmas and new year... As i say iam prob a little early yet, but i wanted to post on here just incase any one hears of anything... thanks again..

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 21:05:54 PM »
I know that last year The Sundial was a great night out at New Year because our friends went there. He would probably pick you up.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 09:24:18 AM »
The sat restaurant is agreat place for newyear.For the last 4 years I have been there on newyear and have had agreat night.Live music-Turkish/English.DJ whilst singers are resting.Five course meal,unlimited drinks,midnight spitroast and mulled wine,Did not stop until well past 3am.All this in a beautiful location for 99tl per person.And everyone is dressed for the occation, no teeshirts or shorts.This is all based on prev years not sure what they are doing this time.

Offline lewis.wensley

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 19:35:36 PM »
thankyou for your suggestion mac2010 and again mercury, we will defo bare this in mind... i have been to the sat many times before.. and the sundial... and liked it so i will ask the others and see what they want to do. Still open minded though, so suggestions welcomed!! regards jo

Offline lewis.wensley

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 19:38:02 PM »
will you be going to the sat this year mac2010????

Offline jackstee

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 20:02:49 PM »
Where is the Sat , by the way ??

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf