Author Topic: 1st class stamps  (Read 1885 times)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
1st class stamps
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 10:11:32 AM »
I think they like BT have large pension hole which would hinder the float off.also unsure of the work practises within PO but they used to be very out dated and unionised.

Offline philrose

1st class stamps
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 11:12:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

True, but I'd probably take 10,000 of them from London to Glasgow for £6,000  :)

True, but who would need to post 10,000 letters in one go and all to the same address[?] ;)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
1st class stamps
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 11:13:01 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by c1

I think they like BT have large pension hole which would hinder the float off.also unsure of the work practises within PO but they used to be very out dated and unionised.

The goverment have just taken over the pension fund which had a massive black hole, partly caused by Gordon Brown 10 years ago telling the RM pension fund to take a break from contributions because there was too much in the kitty. The unions have very little power now the structure is outdated because when it was making money the goverment creamed off the profits for years.
Mark

Offline TheBruces187

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 20:46:35 PM »
When i first heard about the possible privatisation, I said to my wife that I didn't hold out much hope of a buyer as I was sure there was a massive pensions black hole. Now I understand that the government has taken over the pension fund, it all makes sense..except for who is now really responsible for funding the pension black hole. Not us taxpayers, surely?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
1st class stamps
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 21:21:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by TheBruces187

Not us taxpayers, surely?

Oh Yes !  ;)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
1st class stamps
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 22:45:34 PM »
Jacqui, I do always buy a lot of stamps before a price increase, especially as the 1st and 2nd class  don't have the price on them now, but eventually we will be forced to pay the new rate which is a massive hike.
:(

Offline busybee

1st class stamps
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 06:56:22 AM »
Its gonna be cheaper to breed and look after carrier pigeons lol and much more fun, specially if you get one that refuses heavy letters  on health and safety or has no sense of direction.:D:D:D Seriously this price hike will have such a knock on effect to many businesses and Joe Public will bear the brunt.

Offline sannyrut

1st class stamps
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 13:53:08 PM »
Yes ,I would go to superdrug and make sure the stamps bought show either 1st or 2nd,not the price.The Canadian boss of the Royal Mail is apparently on a salary of £500.000 per annum.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf