Author Topic: Birthday Present  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Birthday Present
« on: August 09, 2012, 18:49:10 PM »
It is my younger daughter's birthday in a few days. Her fiancee has bought her a rather special present. So the two of them will be watching Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake and others fighting out the 200m at approx 9pm tonight. Not bad, eh?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Birthday Present
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 18:53:19 PM »
Fabulous - even if it wasn't the 200m final it would be a brilliant place and atmosphere to experience.

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 19:38:41 PM »
My daughter and her husband were there last night for the 200m semis amongst other things. They spent the whole afternoon just walking around the olympic park just to see everything and soak up the atmosphere, before going into the stadium for 6.00pm.

She said it was an absolutely amazing experience and if your daughter and her fiance enjoy it half as much as they did Colwyn they'll have a brilliant evening.  ;D

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 18:06:31 PM »
Marina
Yes, they did the same as your daughter and husband for the afternoon before going into the stadium. They had a brilliant time. Not only the sensational Men's 200m but also the greatest Men's 800m ever seen. The latter especially enjoyed by (fiance) Mark as he used to represented Northern Ireland at 800m and 1500m.

Offline marina

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 09:05:01 AM »
Yes Colwyn, they were certainly two amazing races to be able to witness even just watching on TV!  Great birthday present!   ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf