Author Topic: What a mess...  (Read 39534 times)

Offline SteveJ

What a mess...
« on: April 28, 2013, 13:11:15 PM »
they have made of BMB. The whole road is a just a mud bath and the local shopkeeps are just adding to the problems by constantly spraying the road with water to keep the dust down. A word of warning to those with buggies or wheelchairs, in many places the pavements are impassable and you will have to take to the road and just hope that a lorry doesn't go past you and spray you with mud. Only in Turkey could they dig up the pavements to lay new drains and then put the grids 18 inches below the pavement level so that they can't reinstate the pavement without covering up the grids. :-[. Some businesses are now having being reached by makeshift ramps across the trench. The mystery (at least to me) is why they didn't stop after doing the first one and check that there hadn't been a measuring error but instead just continued to do the whole length of BMB (on both side), creating havoc and a serious safety problem for both locals and tourists alike. If you are going out there soon pack your wellies   ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: What a mess...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 13:18:02 PM »
Agreed, it was absolutely terrible looking when we were out last week

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 13:24:40 PM »
Do you think this will have an effect on the number of tourists coming back to Fethiye? I do.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 13:29:57 PM »
Yes

Unless you know and love it. If you arrive next week for your first ever Calis holiday and you are up Baris Mango, you would probably think something like WTF.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 13:41:50 PM »
Do you think this will have an effect on the number of tourists coming back to Fethiye? I do.

Yes, I always like to sit in the road whilst I drink my cheap alcohol, so this will definitely make me  think about Benidorm for my next holiday. ;D :o :P :-*

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 13:49:19 PM »
I hope that this remedial work will not be regarded as "building work " and be stopped when the season starts, otherwise the whole area will just become a "no-go" area for most people. The back road (alongside the river) is unscathed and this is the route that we used to get into Calis. Judging by the number of people we saw on this usually quiet road a lot of people were having the same idea.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 13:51:47 PM »
:P

But the points do actually fit together - we can all turn a blind eye to the ridiculously high kerbs, missing blocks from the pavement, rusty reinforcing bars sticking up 5" out of the ground etc because it is an inexpensive place to be. If I'm paying top dollar for for my beer, I'd expect everything to look spot on.

Offline marina

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 13:58:47 PM »
Any chance it being finished by 9th May???   :( :o  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 13:59:19 PM »
None :o

Offline marina

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 14:01:50 PM »
Thought you might say that  >:(

Share me