Author Topic: Badgers  (Read 2652 times)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Re: Badgers
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 21:09:08 PM »
Oh! come on now Shameless, I was born & brought up in the countryside, I currently live near an ancient Badger set I've known all my life, there's no way All the Farmer's are going out & killing Badgers which they 'lay by the roadside'!!, or the Rabbits, Deer etc!

And - interestingly, it's not All farmers that believe the Badger Cull will contain, confine or control Bovine TB :(

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 21:18:47 PM »
Woo now, I didn't say all farmers do it!!!!! And I don't suppose all farmers believe it, but all beef farmers do, the ones it's matters to, I'm not getting into an argument about it, it's my job and yes I do know the facts, both practical and technical. It's an emotive subject, especially to the British mentality of "cute cuddly looking animal", but put your self in the position of cattle farmers who are losing their lively hood, it's only when it starts effecting an individual that they start thinking logically about any subject.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 21:21:22 PM »
Well, glad it is a debating subject and attracting a lot of comment  :)

Jacqui careful, you are wise to be cautious,  I remember as a very keen diver in the 1970's how Lottie Hass was always expounding that sharks were harmless --- until one took her leg off!  :)

I have heard that they can be very aggressive.

I don't have an answer to this issue, why I asked it!

JT

Offline scorcher

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 22:05:27 PM »
You little tinker !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf