Author Topic: Man Utd  (Read 4759 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Man Utd
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 14:14:45 PM »
Different owners now mad they won't give him the time Fergie had. They need the success to pay the interest on their massive debt.

there were very unlucky yesterday......shame

That's not what the stats say..
I looked back at many threads not a lot of gloaters but an awful lot of envious supporters from other clubs, I will remain a true supporter for as long as my sons company have a private box for me to use when I am in England  8)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 14:18:58 PM »
The days of long term managers are long gone, fergies reign will never happen again at any club

Trust me I know what the score is "I am top of the league,I am top of the league" ;D

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 22:34:07 PM »
You may be top of the league Tinx, but yer team ain't!!

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 04:43:49 AM »
Moyes may have taken over a team that won the title by a mile - but their main competitors strengthened significantly and United didn't - probably due to the appointment of a new CEO which was s mistake - Gill should have been asked to stay on another 12 months.
Add to this totally new backroom staff - which I think was another mistake and it is little wonder they are struggling to maintain consistency!

Also they have too many players who are either aging or not up to being Man United players which Fergie knew and I think influenced his decision to go.

I think Moyes is the best man for the job - but like others I wonder if he will get the time if they do not qualify for the Champions League this season.

On another note - Liverpool although outside bet for top 4 are still a long way away from winning the title - Spurs flatter to deceive with erratic performances as always so it will be a 3 horse race and if not Man City it will be lovely to see Arsenal win the title as a reward to Wenger for sticking to his principles - that is some compliment from me a true Northerner :-)

That Wilshere goal at weekend was pure poetry in motion and a team that plays in that manner deserves to win the title.

Offline Christie

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 11:18:57 AM »
What a great post.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 11:28:02 AM »
Moyes may have taken over a team that won the title by a mile - but their main competitors strengthened significantly and United didn't - probably due to the appointment of a new CEO which was s mistake - Gill should have been asked to stay on another 12 months.
Add to this totally new backroom staff - which I think was another mistake and it is little wonder they are struggling to maintain consistency!

Also they have too many players who are either aging or not up to being Man United players which Fergie knew and I think influenced his decision to go.

I think Moyes is the best man for the job - but like others I wonder if he will get the time if they do not qualify for the Champions League this season.

On another note - Liverpool although outside bet for top 4 are still a long way away from winning the title - Spurs flatter to deceive with erratic performances as always so it will be a 3 horse race and if not Man City it will be lovely to see Arsenal win the title as a reward to Wenger for sticking to his principles - that is some compliment from me a true Northerner :-)

That Wilshere goal at weekend was pure poetry in motion and a team that plays in that manner deserves to win the title.
Ian if I had time I would have written that word for word spot on.
Mark

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 11:52:20 AM »
Yes Moyes deserves the time to turn things round, not least the time to buy and introduce replacement for some of the aged workforce at Man U.  I'm sure there is no panic about the current mid table form at Old Trafford, certainly not to rush out a bring in a new - probably non British - manager anyway.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 13:00:23 PM »
Ian

How can you say it would be refreshing if Wenger win the league by "sticking to his principles" when buying Mesut Ozil for £26 million more than the previous record signing, and smashing the club's highest wage earning player out of sight?

I'd say it would be winning the league by dumping your principles in the bin.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 13:23:57 PM »
He bought a "poetry playing footballer" as opposed to a quick fix player - and he wants to win the title by passing the ball into the net :-)

I have always doubted that that would be possible - but this season might just be the opportunity of a decade for him.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 13:26:48 PM »
Feel free to answer the question I asked :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf