Author Topic: Luis Suarez signs new contract  (Read 12863 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Luis Suarez signs new contract
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 20:08:10 PM »
No doubt it was a penalty and not just said by me.  I think the general opinion of all the football journalists was the same.   
As said, old news about Suarez, but I understand as a Villa fan you need to vent your frustrations on someone.
I think Rogers has done a great job with him and of course, every time there is an incident other fans start digging up the past.  He is a wonderful player and as for racism, just watch him hug his black teammates.
I remember everyone hating Eric Cantona  at one time for his bad behaviour, but he is now renown as a world class player and even does some beer ads on T.V.
Obviously, if Suarez did go to Villa you would have to stop supporting them and try West Brom.. ;D

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 20:33:15 PM »
I used to defend Ronaldo and Bale  (I am not a Man Utd or Spurs fan) by saying "at that speed you have to realise that the slightest touch will bring you down as you go off balance" and this season I think Suarez is in the same category!

I read recently his wife actually said to him "why are you so angry when you play football? - we love living here - we have a wonderful life...."

Apparently he reflected on that and with some very good man management by Rodgers as well - you cannot argue with the result!

Ps I am not a Liverpool fan either but did support / have a season ticket at Everton for 18 months when my friend Willie Donachie was assistant to Joe Royle  - and they will finish 4th this time with s little bit of luck and if they do - Martinez should be named "manager of the season" !!!

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2014, 09:15:50 AM »
i agree Ian , if Everton finish 4th they he should get manager of the season (unless City do a treble) but i cant see Arsenal slipping to 5th so i dont think it will happen!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2014, 10:42:51 AM »
I have been to Everton matches many times and love the way, like at Liverpool the fans of both teams (i.e. Everton and Liverpool)sit together, mainly because they are family.  My Dad was an Everton fan and him and my Mum had season tickets. This is why I went to the Everton matches with them.
I think the new Manager is very good, but I think the problem is the size of their squad, they only need a few injuries and they are screwed.
However, I really want Liverpool to finish in the top four as I am a Liverpool supporter.

Offline davybill

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2014, 12:34:49 PM »
Yes big game this weekend Liverpool and Everton, come on the Reds,we can beat these Toffees.

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2014, 14:17:11 PM »
 Its being played on Tues next week kick off 8 pm. 6 premier games in all that night. Should be a good game as both are attacking teams. Liverpool to edge it 2-1 for me. But then I have often been wrong  :)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2014, 14:22:09 PM »
i agree Ian , if Everton finish 4th they he should get manager of the season (unless City do a treble) but i cant see Arsenal slipping to 5th so i dont think it will happen!

Its going to be Liverpool / Everton & Spurs battling for places 4 / 5 & 6 - no doubt about it   ;)

Offline snowtop

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2014, 14:33:10 PM »
The only Liverpool matches I have not watched in the last 10years have been the matches where they were not video'd or broadcasted.

A couple of links for PL footie. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2014, 16:16:34 PM »
Sorry Snowtop but there are serious issues for forums/websites who allow links to these types of streams.

If anyone is interested, please feel more than free to contact Snowtop direct for the details.

Offline snowtop

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2014, 16:47:10 PM »
Okay mate, no probs.  As Scunner says, just contact me and I will forward them on to you

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf