Author Topic: Ebooks from Library  (Read 2583 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Ebooks from Library
« on: February 06, 2014, 22:19:59 PM »
Yesterday I visited a stand that was promoting UK libraries, now I have the kindle I have not bothered with the local library so much, yet I was interested to learn if you are a member of a library you can order and download ebooks for free online, just like walking into the library itself and taking a book from the shelf. 

This maybe be a good thing for members who are now living in Turkey (and UK of course) if members have a friend or family member join the library and share a pass to access online the ebooks.   

Can't help at the moment as still learning how to access and download to pc or kindle kobe etc

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
Re: Ebooks from Library
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 22:40:18 PM »
Just had a little peep at my local library website and lo and behold, they do this!  However, the choice is very limited and they aren't available for Kindle.....just my luck!  But nice to know - I wasn't aware of this service. Thank you.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: Ebooks from Library
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 22:59:44 PM »
lynne dont give up you can choose any library and they can order, there are 1000;s of books, it is taking some getting into, I am going to pop along to the library and see if they can get me sorted.
you need to go to in my instance http://www3.hants.gov.uk/library/booksandreading/ebooks.htm  then get started and download the app "Overdrive" this then opens up to all libraries, but this is where I am getting stuck, so off to the library to see if they can talk me through it.
Lynne don't give up. not yet    :)

and don't forget if they are in  the format you don't want then calibre will convert them to you device

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf