Author Topic: Are you Pxxxed off with speaking to foreigners on the phone?  (Read 4260 times)

Offline snowtop

Are you Pxxxed off with speaking to foreigners on the phone?
« on: February 22, 2014, 16:35:35 PM »

Any time you call an 0800 number (for a credit  card, banking, charter communications, health  and other insurance, computer help desk, etc) and you find that you're talking to a  foreign customer service representative (perhaps in India, Pakistan, Ireland, etc), please consider doing the  following:

After you connect and you  realize that the customer service representative is not from the United Kingdom (you can always ask if  you are not sure about the accent), please, very politely (this is not about trashing  other cultures) say, "I'd like to speak to a  customer service representative in the United Kingdom."

The rep might suggest talking to his/her manager, but, again, politely say, "Thank you, but I'd like to speak to a customer service representative in the United Kingdom ."

YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CONNECTED TO A REP IN THE UK .  That's the rule and the LAW.

It takes less than one minute to have your call re-directed to the United Kingdom . Tonight when I got redirected to a UK rep, I asked again to make sure - and yes, she was from NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE .

Imagine what would happen if every United Kingdom citizen insisted on talking to only UK phone reps from this day on. 

Imagine how that would ultimately impact the number of UK jobs that would need to be created ASAP...

If I tell 10 people to consider this and you tell 10 people to consider doing this - see what I mean...it becomes an exercise in viral marketing 101.

Remember - the goal here is to restore jobs back here at home - not to be abrupt or rude to a foreign phone rep. You may even get correct answers, good advice, and solutions to your problem - in real English

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
Re: Are you Pxxxed off with speaking to foreigners on the phone?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 18:37:25 PM »
Wish we could "LIKE" this ala FB.

TC  ;D ;D

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 19:28:13 PM »
Wish we could "LIKE" this ala FB.

TC  ;D ;D

Easy, just write " LIKE " , see, no problem !!

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 19:48:51 PM »
mmmmm worth a try - LiKE

Yes Gordon that works.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 20:18:38 PM »
It's a hoax here at home in the UK     ;)

From hoax slayer.......

Brief Analysis
There is no law in the UK like the one described in the message. The message is a UK variant of previous false and misleading messages that have circulated in the United States and Canada. While some companies may choose to offer such a service to customers, they are not legally required to do so.

PS how can you tell where a person on the other end of a telephone is.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 20:35:27 PM by Highlander »

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 20:51:26 PM »
Oh the joys of copying & pasting from FB, BEFORE you check with Snopes, "DISLIKE" from me!

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 20:56:21 PM »
with the recent startling revelation from ''H'' - i now wish to rescind my previous LiKE, shame really sounded like a good idea.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 21:39:56 PM »
What you can do is to transfer your services to a company that only has UK call centres.  They are out there for banks, broadband, fixed telephone, mobile, electricity and insurance.  These companies usually make a virtue of this and give it prominent display on its advertising and website.  Unfortutely most people do not give this a priority and are usually only interested in finding out about price, which is why people continue to use all those price comparison sites.  Plus the fact that these websites do not find you the best price, but the one that is paying them the most commission!

Offline Lotty

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 21:44:34 PM »
The reason the've off-shored these services is financial - to reduce costs. So the equation may be more complex. However I agree reversing it would certainly boost UK jobs.  Some companies are already returning customer service jobs to the Uk. Prices may increase as a result. Personally I'd prefer it.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 21:57:37 PM »
I agree reversing it would certainly boost Uk jobs

Not necessarily in the UK unfortunately - EU Regulations and all that
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 22:21:38 PM by Highlander »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf