Author Topic: Hotel Advice  (Read 4567 times)

Offline kadikale

Hotel Advice
« on: June 27, 2014, 12:10:02 PM »
Planning 6th holiday to Turkey. Stayed in Kusadasi twice previously, Fethiye (Majesty Tuana), Turgetreis and most recently Marmaris. Middle aged couple. We normally do all inclusive but interested in b&b for a change as we're fed up with the poor quality AI food.

Prefer hotels with mainly adult clientele. Would be grateful for any recommendations on a good 3 star plus or 4 star hotel that won't break the bank!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Hotel Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 12:42:51 PM »
Definitely consider the Oykun - it's a street or two back from the seafront, lovely and quiet, very popular indeed. It has won multiple Thomson Gold awards.

http://www.oykunhotel.com/eng/

Offline Marggie

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 13:07:41 PM »
Our friends go the Oykun twice a year.  Most of their custom is from repeat bookings year, after year, after year  - a pretty good indication I think.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 16:07:57 PM »
Got to be Hotel Club E lovely gardens nice pool  on the canal 300 mt from beach won gold awards thompson last 4 years always very busy' good food .  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 17:34:01 PM »
The Tugay seem to get a lot of good feedback on this Forum our very own Toky speaks well of it.
We pass it from our place when going into Calis and it always seems busy plus it has a good Restaurant, the Amber Pide right opposite.
http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=55595.msg368656#msg368656

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 17:37:27 PM »
Aymes Hotel.  No frills but immaculately clean, lovely pool, good location (2 mins to beach & sea front),manager speaks good English and it is reasonably priced.  The room s have a small fridge, flat screen TV and there is a small bath as well as a shower.  Comfortable beds, carpeted floors and daily change of towels and bed linen.    :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 17:56:07 PM »
Aymes Hotel 3 or 4 star? You'd have to bring two of the stars with you :D

Hotel Club-E another good shout Lance - very good.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 18:18:03 PM »
We've just returned from 3 weeks at The Kaan Hotel - fabulous place (wish we'd found it 10 years ago !!!)

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 20:24:04 PM »
Jacqui, I went into the Amber Pide a while back and got into a conversation with the owner.  He asked me if I worked etc. and I told him I had retired but I had worked in tourism, for many years.  He then began to rant about "people from the UK" and in particular, the televised wedding of William & Kate.  He said that customers had raved about the wedding and asked him why he wasn't showing it.  He then proceeded to slate British people and our habits, re Coronation Street and the like.  He was far from courteous towards people who contribute to his business so  I was astonished and whilst I enjoyed the pide and salad, I vowed never to give him any more custom.  The Tugay Hotel is very nice and people who have stayed there speak highly of it.  The rooms are bright and airy and they also have a fridge which is handy.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 09:51:45 AM »
Letoon Hotel recently refurbished £14 per person per night in June rising to £ 21. In September .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf