Author Topic: Residency renewal refused  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
Residency renewal refused
« on: January 06, 2015, 14:55:14 PM »
Thought I would let you all know my story of trying to renew residency as other people may have the same problem. I still have the grey book which runs out 21st January 2105 It was valid for 3 years. I was told previously the 120 day rule out of the country would come into effect January 2105. In November 2013 I returned to UK to nurse my terminally ill mother, returning June 2014 after she had passed away and thought all would be ok, but because I was out of the country for 7 months previously,I cannot renew my residency now for a minimum of 1 year. I have to use e-visas so can only stay here for 6 months this year even though I have a place here and live here full time normally. I have been told to go across to Rhodes on 20th January, come back on e-visa 22nd and apply for new to see if it can be done but if not try going to London and apply at consulate. I was told they are counting the time out from January 2014 so if you have been out of Turkey more than 4 months since then, even if you have a current grey book you will face problems renewing. Will update more after trip to Rhodes in a couple of weeks

Offline davybill

Re: Residency renewal refused
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 15:14:52 PM »
That's terrible,really feel sorry for you,hope all well when you get back from Rhodes

Offline busybee

Re: Residency renewal refused
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 17:16:30 PM »
You can catch the bus to Kas and get the ferry accross to Meis, a tiny Greek Island, which will count the same as going to Rhodes

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf