Author Topic: Passport renewal  (Read 3369 times)

Offline maria1949

Passport renewal
« on: January 17, 2016, 13:29:10 PM »
My partner and I will be going to Calis on the 11th June for one week, I have renewed my passport as I will be going out again in August on my own and I will not have six months left on passport.My partner's passport runs out 22nd February 2017 so OK for six months validity after he returns but by my calculations he will be OK for the 60 day rule on e-visa after expiry date (about 2weeks into February 2017 I get it to) anyone out there who has a bit more knowledge on these confusing rules.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Passport renewal
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 22:50:18 PM »
We had this similar dilemma last year Maria, ours were due to expire in Feb this year and we would not have been ok for our trip last August by the time we returned in September also I was going back in October on my own and did not want any kerfuffle at the airport...
So what we did was had our April trip and then renewed our passports...Do you know the passport office will carry over up to nine months left on your old passport on to your new one?
We did our application on line totaly fantastic service you can track your passports progress at each stage, like passport received, priocessing info, printing papers ready for despatch...
I sent ours beginning May to coincide with the 9 months left on them and they were back two weeks later...
We still sent them special delivery though to be on the safe side, highly recommend the online application...

Offline maria1949

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 01:09:00 AM »
Thanks Karennina, but my partners passport would be OK for his visit in June but it's the visa I am concerned about because don't you have to have 60 days left on your passport after your e-visa finishes.We go out 11th June his passport runs out 22nd February 2017 so am I right in thinking if I count 180 days from 11th June plus 60 I will be ok, is that how it works.Confusing

Offline madmart

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 18:58:24 PM »
If there is an issue the visa system will refuse to issue one. The biggest problem is that it does not tell you what the problem is!!

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 04:46:42 AM »
Maria, I have never heard that you need 60 days on your visa after your passport expires, however, if you do need that time why don't you start your e-visa  on the 1st March and then you will have no problems. You can start yor visa whenever you want, it doesn't have to be from the first day you want to enter Turkey    :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 07:48:56 AM »
Iv just looked on Doc Martin's Turkish files for you Maria ( the info is normally spot on)
Here is the criteria re passports I tried to cooy and paste it but couldnt do it!
Min of 6 months validity from the date of entry into Turkey
Valid for at least 3 months from the date you leave
Valid for at least 6 months beyond the expiry of visa - evisa
Visas and e- visas are often issued with 6 months validity so your passport may need to have 8 months validity at the time the visa is issued...

I dont really get the last one?
Hope this helps you work out your dates etc Maria

Offline maria1949

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 19:29:18 PM »
Found this on page 3 that Bluwise put on see Passport/visas reminder heading.It reads as from 1st January 2015,passports should have at least 60 days validity from the date of expiry of travellers visa.So I think sorted as that leaves my partner with 15 days over the 60.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf