Author Topic: Holiday Let New Controls  (Read 93914 times)

Offline Inspector

Re: Holiday Let New Controls
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2017, 11:35:54 AM »
There is a serious information pollution of the daily weekly renters to their houses. Even the authorities are not entirely sovereign. I wanted to learn from the right sources by sharing the details of the information obtained. I got this information by talking to the tax office manager and the police officers. I hope it helps solve your problems. Even I am tired of new application information that changes and comes in every day. Please inform me about genuine information you get about issue, than we can update information to help eachother.

And again I inform you about this morning regulations and dont know what will happen in the afternoon

1-Where do I need to apply for registering short term daily weekly letting registration on  ID system?

You need to apply  to office who is responsable for your area. For jandarma region Karagözler Jandarma office, for police region Gunlukbasi Police station

2- Is the ID reporting program a paid program?

First of all, it is necessary to install your computer by downloading the link and file sending program from its own sites for both police and gendarmerie. This program will let you to connect to Jandarma or police to send the created guest list. This is a free software provided by goverment.
You need another program to create the guest list. This programs simple version provided free by Jandarma but If your property in police region you have to buy a software (price starting from 250-300 lira) It can be purchased and installed from the Internet. Most of them in Turkish but there is only one  with english menu support  that I could find. All software companies giving online support on phone and live support of their web sites. When you buy the software be sure that they have support  team in English.

3- Do I need to use a static IP number when using this program?

There is no static IP number requirement for daily weekly rental villas and apartments.

4- Do I need to keep the customer information by keeping a notebook, or is the sending guest list to the system is enough?

You need to print daily guest list and keep it in a file for 5 years.

5- What should I do if I can not report because of a problem with my system or my computer?

You have 3 days to solve the computer or connection problems, otherwise you will be fined. Till the problem solved, you need to print and drop the guest list to the Police or Jandarma office between 2.00 am - 4.00 am.

6 - If I do not need static IP number, can I sent guest list from anywhere and from any computer? Is there a possibility to make a notification from abroad?

System will not let connection from abroad and they may bring area restrictions in Turkey. ( example Property registration in Fethiye then system will let only MUGLA region IP numbers to connect)

7- I do not use my house for commercial purposes, my close relatives cousin and my sister and brother sometimes come here for a holiday, do I still have to register and get a password?

Regulations done for rental comercial activities, if it is investigated you will need to prove parentship to get rid of 10000 lira penalty.

8- In summer I am staying by myself, but from time to time my friends and relatives come and stay with me as a guest without pay, do I have problems in this situation?

Officers told that if this is not a commercial activity no need to register but they will be asked if they pay for their stay in the house on routine controls

9- Do I need to send guest list everyday  between 12.00 and 01.30 after registering the system.

There is no time limit on sending the guest list for villa-house rentals, everyday between 12.00 and 01.30is a rule for hotels.
You need to do daily proces when there is guest at property. If there is no guest in house no need to send empty guest list.
10- After registering with the Police-Gendarmerie system and receive the password, do I have to register as a tradesman at tax office?  Or will we file a declaration according to the general rental income system as long term rentals
Tax office menager told us that daily weekly rentals can not be recodnized as rental income. This is a trading activity and must be registered.
Registration cost is 300 lira including the offical stamped receipt and income notebook. ( I get that info from an accountant)

11- Is there a requirement to bill for all customers?

You have to bill for quests and keep them in a file. Your accountant have to prepare monthly income and expences decleration. Accountants will charge you 150 lira for monthly decleration. You can freeze your tax registration for the winter time and dont pay to accountant.

12- Do I have to hold an accountant?

Yes you have to have (Tax office menager informed)

13- Do I have to bill and pay tax for my relatives who dont pay any penny. How system will work, if my doughter or my son comes and doesn't pay any penny.

Couldnt get clear answer for this question.
Some say ıf registered as daily rental sysem tax officers will get the list from police and investigate compare the bills and ask for the bill.
Some tax officers say if this is not a commercial activity and declared by accountant and kept  documents in file there will not be problem.

Inspector
mustnur@hotmail.com

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2017, 12:04:18 PM »
13- Do I have to bill and pay tax for my relatives who dont pay any penny. How system will work, if my doughter or my son comes and doesn't pay any penny.

I think for most who do not rent commercially but do have friends and family stay in our properties occasionally, this is the one question that is most pertinent and is the cause of most confusion.

The way I see it is that over the course of this year, as I am not charging the two couples who are long-term friends nor my Aunt and Uncle-in-law who are coming over with a couple pf their friends at different times to us then it is clear that I am not a commercial renter.

One thing is for certain, unless there is some clarity in the situation then, unfortunately, this will be the last year that we'll be able to share our property with others.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2017, 12:14:02 PM »
And again I inform you about this morning regulations and dont know what will happen in the afternoon

Nothing's changed in the world of Turkish bureaucracy then  :)

JF

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2017, 14:22:00 PM »
As I have said in the past I am lucky that we do not need to rent and have only let friends and family stay but when I tried to explain what was going on to the wife she was up in arms saying that's it were selling up but when we actually looked back over the last 9 years there has only been 4 visits by friends and the last was 4 years ago and family normally visit when we are there so it doesn't really affect me and me been a selfish t**t (that's the wife's description) it plays in to my hands  8)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2017, 14:23:58 PM »
Has anyone who rents their property started the process of registering? There will be many who already have bookings for this year.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2017, 14:42:36 PM »
Had a look at AirBNB last night and there are 300 or so listings for Fethiye.  I reckon 35-40% are from existing hotels and pensions but the rest looked like standard holiday rentals so, going by the law now, should be registered.  In reality, I'd hazard a guess that very few of them actually are.  A few other rental sites available and one of them had 300+ so still plenty advertising.

JF

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2017, 07:29:28 AM »
http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/19398-short-term-rentals-turkey-new-legislation.html 

Lots of info but different information every day and many different sources. All pretty much say the same.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2017, 10:53:32 AM »
"All pretty much say the same"

Not quite. The guys in the Fethiye Times article are saying that if you have never rented and have no intention of renting then it's OK to let family and even friends stay for free in your home.

This is the one question that I feel many need answering as I know many houses on our sitesi are used as family holiday homes. Many let family stay for free (maybe just paying for the electricity they use) and a few allow friends to stay on the same basis.

So the question many are asking is:

If I own my home and have never rented it out and do not intend to rent it out then is it OK for my son, daughter, brother, sister, mother, father to stay?

I think if we could get the definitive answer to this then it would make some owners a lot happier.

Those that have rented commercially and wish to continue doing so obviously need to take professional advice in my opinion.

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2017, 11:58:24 AM »

So the question many are asking is:

If I own my home and have never rented it out and do not intend to rent it out then is it OK for my son, daughter, brother, sister, mother, father to stay?

I think if we could get the definitive answer to this then it would make some owners a lot happier.

Spot on, Stoop!

Although I would add friends to that question along with clarifying which family members (we have an aunt and uncle staying with a couple of their friends at ours over the course of this year, all rent free.)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf