Author Topic: Pet hates (Series 3)  (Read 11111 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Pet hates (Series 3)
« on: August 30, 2019, 19:43:04 PM »
We have had various threads on this subject but sometime ago so I thought I'd start a new one with this........

People in Tesco who "park" their big trolleys right against the shelf with an item I want while they leisurely study items on shelves on the opposite side of the aisle.

>:( >:( >:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Pet hates (Series 3)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 20:06:17 PM »
If we’ve done this before I’ve probably shared this one, but waiting to turn out of a T junction for people travelling on the main road who then turn into the road you are waiting in with a last second indicator.

I could rip their inconsiderate, ignorant heeds off.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 20:13:20 PM »
People who go on quiz shows who can't answer a question about any event that happened before the year 2000 because it was 'before my time'.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 22:06:09 PM »
Drivers like the guy today in Asda's car park that kept us waiting while he shoehorned his 4x4 in a tight space,the only empty one in the bay,when 30yards away there were plenty of empty spaces  >:(
And lazy shoppers that can't be bothered to return the trolleys to the trolley park and invariably leave it in a parking bay.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 22:16:22 PM »
I stay in too many hotels these days. The small & friendly type are fine. At a certain level (mid range) they drive me insane with one particular thing they all seem to do.

When you arrive at reception to check in, when you arrive at that irritating "please wait to be seated" bit at the restaurant for dinner (and then again at breakfast) there is always just the one member of staff, processing some important sh1te on the till or in a book.

I don't mind that they are busy, what drives me mental is that I am now standing in front of them for some time, sometimes several minutes and they haven't even looked up. They know I am there, it is impossible that they might not have noticed.

I don't demand special attention, I don't expect them to drop everything they are doing. All I want is acknowledgement that I am actually there - they could simply look up and say "just a moment while I sort this" or similar, but what they do is ignore me till they have finished whatever that incredibly important task might be, fold up the paper they were checking, put it in it's correct file, put the lid back on their cheap, nasty Bic biro, then look up at me as if I just arrived 2 seconds ago.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 22:20:18 PM »
And lazy shoppers that can't be bothered to return the trolleys to the trolley park and invariably leave it in a parking bay.

That was going to be my next one badger especially when you only notice after turning into the space.  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 22:21:45 PM »
Drivers like the guy today in Asda's car park that kept us waiting while he shoehorned his 4x4 in a tight space,the only empty one in the bay,when 30yards away there were plenty of empty spaces  >:(

As the husband of a Fiat 500 owner, those irritating Fiat 500 owners who park their Fiat 500s right into a space, particularly at airport car parking so when you suddenly realise you can't find a space and your flight is departing sooner and sooner, only to spot an empty space - which turns out to be a space with a bloody Fiat 500 parked right into it.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 22:26:46 PM »
As the husband of a Fiat 500 owner, those irritating Fiat 500 owners who park their Fiat 500s right into a space, particularly at airport car parking so when you suddenly realise you can't find a space and your flight is departing sooner and sooner, only to spot an empty space - which turns out to be a space with a bloody Fiat 500 parked right into it.

Or worse yet a motorbike or scooter    :)    :)    :)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 00:40:22 AM »
John chill out you will be in Calis soon drinking G&T

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 07:09:45 AM »
When you arrive at reception to check in, when you arrive at that irritating "please wait to be seated" bit at the restaurant for dinner (and then again at breakfast) there is always just the one member of staff, processing some important sh1te on the till or in a book.

If I was doing that kind of job, I'd do exactly that. Just because I could.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf