Author Topic: Beware Hotels.com / con  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Beware Hotels.com / con
« on: July 21, 2020, 10:46:51 AM »
I really want to make folk aware of what hotels.com are doing if you had a booking cancelled with them due to Covid...
So they issued me a coupon for cancelling a one night stay for our traditional joint birthday night at the Jiva Beach which is for £74...Bearing in mind I was quite happy to do this let them keep our money and rebook for next year.
The coupon has to be used for the same property again fair enough, but and here is the BUT when you go to book on the website where the price is as you expect for early May ( and Iv seen it on other sites at same price ) you CANT input the coupon code, there is a message that says “this booking can’t have a coupon code applied” and the little box to do so is not there, so initially I thought fair enough Il go to their app, went to the app where the same room same night is £133!
I randomly put in another hotel on the website and lo and behold the box to enter a coupon is there but of course you can’t use the code as it has to be for original hotel.
After soo much correspondence with Hotels.com I’m getting told the same old rubbish about price fluctuations, so unless I am prepared to pay an extra £59 to book via the app my coupon code is effectively useless...Iv now issued a charge back with my bank don’t know if il be successful or not but one thing is for sure I’m never using hotels.com again...

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Re: Beware Hotels.com / con
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 11:43:20 AM »
I've been caught out by their terms and conditions in the small print in the past .dont use them now. >:(

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 22:33:22 PM »
This is an ongoing problem and many people will encounter it when they come to apply their vouchers with many companies.  There is NO way companies will offer the same holiday next year for the same price.  Flights alone will increase in price as will hotels so people will be asked to supplement the cost of their vouchers OR cancel with admin costs etc.  Refunds was the only way to go.  I’m sorry for everyone in this situation and I hope some decent companies will be honourable.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 22:41:33 PM »
This is one reason I only book no deposit with booking.com or £1 deposit with sunshine.co.uk

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 03:32:07 AM »
Well I finally got a refund and rebooked for next year at the online not app price.
I was like a dog with a bone on this and just kept on and on to them on Twitter, finally they did a turn around and said rebook the hotel then they would apply my code and refund me, I did say to hotels.con before doing so words to the effect of can I trust you to give me a refund if I give you more money but all good, Soo very pleased I did not give up   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf