Author Topic: face masks ect  (Read 7569 times)

Offline blueclad

face masks ect
« on: August 17, 2020, 15:35:55 PM »
are face masks being worn in calis prom and main street areas by many people ? and what about bar / restaurant staff  are they sticking to the rules , or not? be nice to know in advance the ones to avoid  were  due in 6 days time, Boris please don't cancel us again this time     :) and will try to avoid all those not sticking to the rules as best as we can, very pleased to hear that our hotel is very hot on all clients sticking to the rule

Offline Fran

Re: face masks ect
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 16:13:24 PM »
Most of the restaurants are sticking to the rules, taking your temperature, and staff wearing masks. I’d say about one in twenty people wearing them walking around. Everyone wearing them in shops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline blueclad

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 17:31:17 PM »
Fran== thanks

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 17:58:01 PM »
We have been here about 9 days, generally most restaurants are following ng procedures.masks are worn in most branded shop like migros and bin, but not so much in the tourist shops both by the stafg and customers alike.
Not many people wearing them walking about in open air (i personally dont have a problem with this) must be worn on public transport /taxi.
I certainly have felt very safe here and have no more worries than would have in the UK.
Just be sensible and enjoy your time here oh and fist bump instead of hugs to your Turkish friends. ;D

Offline lynnj

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 16:58:53 PM »
HI
Does anyone know what the situation is with people who find it hard to wear a face mask because of a disability

Do the rules still apply or not? If not, is a doctor's note required ? and is a UK doctor's note OK or is one needed from a doctor in Turkey?
Asking as one of our party might find it hard work to wear one whilst walking in the heat. 

We also wondered whether an alternative face covering like a visor would suffice?

Thanks

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 17:08:50 PM »
They will certainly have to wear one on the airline unless they get a certificate from the doctors which they may sy charge for.
Turkish rules are all 2yr olds and over have to wear them there is no exemption, having said that we have been here for 3 weeks and there are very few following the rules walking around this by both turkish and tourist.
When entering g a shop or public transport you will need one.
My mom has COPD and had a printed card off the British lung foundation which she carries and has flashed a couple of times when the mask has got too much for her and there has been no problem.
My advice would be just to make sure they carry one with them just incase they are asked to wear one.
Hi

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 10:53:27 AM »
Fines are now being handed out on the prom for not wearing masks. So be warned

Offline lynnj

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 11:15:31 AM »
Thanks Markar - I will ask my mother in law to get one of those cards as she also has COPD
She does already have several masks and we are encouraging her to practice using them whilst walking

and thanks for the info Legless

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2020, 11:19:49 AM »
Might be worth getting a card printed with these 2 phrases for M-i-L.

I am exempt from wearing a mask because I have respiratory problems.

Solunum sorunlarım olduğu için maske takmaktan muafım.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2020, 12:07:03 PM »
I too have COPD and tedious it is too. No flying for me and hopefully to Uzumlu by car next year. I have an exemption lanyard in bright red with MASK EXEMPT writ large and bearing an explanatory plastic holder. Google disability HORIZONS or the British Lung Foundation if you want to purchase  - mine cost well under a tenner. However not having the breath to engage in lengthy arguments I think it's sensible to have a mask in my pocket!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf