Author Topic: Optimistic or Write off  (Read 8754 times)

Offline Steve A

Re: Optimistic or Write off
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2021, 21:16:16 PM »
Wait a minute I’ll just phone Mystic Meg

Offline JLS1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 23:23:05 PM »
@steve valid question given the circumstances and had some constructive replies which was appreciated.

Offline lissa

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 05:35:10 AM »
Infection figures in Turkey are much improved and the vaccination programme is going ahead at full steam. From yesterday, health workers and also those over 50 years of age could book their booster shots, so the 3rd dose.
Very recently, it was announced that flights would be allowed into Turkey from India, Brazil, Nepal, S Africa, etc, but within hours a u turn was done on this and flights are banned.
Flights from Russia and Ukraine are continuing, Ukrainians have been travelling for a while, Russia just started flights last week.
The promenade in Calis is not finished, and some roads are still in a terrible state. Some in Fethiye, but Ovacik and Hisaronu are still very bad. Reports that the main road in Ovacik has been resurfaced but the heat is affecting it. Not seen myself though.
But the Babadag cable car is operating!

Offline Steve A

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 11:13:34 AM »
Just trying to bring a bit of levity into a discussion that has been doing the rounds for a while now.
The bottom line is no one really has a clue and all we can do is speculate on if/when things will open up from a U.K. travel perspective.Based upon the current “facts” Turkey should go Amber at the next review,however using U.K. Govt criteria they should’ve been at the last one.
Then you have to look at the cases in the U.K.,will Turkey allow unfettered travel from U.K. ?
Maybe not but the tourist pound may influence that decision.
Amber could mean double jabbed and PCR before arrival and departure,would you do that ?
Amber May mean double jabbed and no PCR.
Then again due to the strides being made in the Turkish vaccination programme they may be Green by September.
So you see the only answer is that there is no answer at present we need to either take it a day at a time and book when you feel ready or take a risk,pick a date,book and keep everything crossed.
My view is Iam fed up with the whole thing,my dates are booked for Turkey September,Turkey May 2022,Sorrento July 2022,Turkey September 2022.
Risky yes but I could sit around letting the whole situation rule my life or grab by the balls and get in as normally as possible.

Offline Ridley59

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2021, 12:49:36 PM »
Trying to be optimistic about our trip booked at the end of July, hubby saw something this morning saying Turkey might be moved to Amber, then the travel agent rang to say our tickets have arrived and they would call again on the 16th July.

Offline lissa

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2021, 16:48:40 PM »
Fingers crossed for you. As I said in previous post, vaccination programme is galloping on in Turkey, health minister said it is planned to vaccinate 70% by the start of bayram, which is only a couple of weeks away. Plans to set up vaccine booths at lots of airports to give jabs to citizens and residents, also talk of having booths at otogars.

Offline Wasp0

• It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2021, 10:12:18 AM »
For me and Mrs Wasp0, QueasyJet has cancelled our July Flights and we now have 2 QJ Vouchers to use, so holding on for Late Oct, but we may come out Nov via Turkish Airlines and have a stop over in Istanbul. We last visited our apartment April 20.

Next year we have April and June and Sept in our sights, but not booking anything yet until 2022 has started.

Really disappointed in the Prom still looking like a building site, and also disappointed that no Coloured lights along prom. Does anyone know what those trees are that have been planted along with the Palms??

I feel for the Restaurants, Shops, Cafe's along the prom, (And indeed everywhere) they deserve to be full. Oh Well lets see what Boris has to say about travel, vaccinations come the 19th!

PS. in all the YT vids showing the Prom, i can't see that the Indian Restaurant is open (Calis Beach Indian), can anyone verify if it is open/closed shut down etc. I hope it is OK, i would miss Hulky!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2021, 10:18:23 AM »
It's well worthwhile having 2 or 3 days stop-over in Istanbul.

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2021, 12:43:41 PM »
Just had our August flights cancelled  :( :( :(

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2021, 09:09:56 AM »
Having cancelled in September 2020 and May 2021 I've booked a package for April/May 2022 in the hope that travel restrictions will be eased, but who knows with the rate of mutations of the nasty virus what will happen even so far ahead?  We live in hope   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf