Author Topic: Turkish Tutor  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Tutor
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 15:29:31 PM »
Assuming your Turkish boyfriend speaks English, can't he teach them?

Offline tracey1398

Turkish Tutor
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 16:16:37 PM »
i think your kids are going to find it realy difficult i think you are refering to atta as the english school, its not its a private turkish school and because you pay they take them out of class for turkish lessons. prices are approx 4-5 thousand ytl per year...my then 9 year old went there for 6 months and then went to a state school but still needs additional help for which we have to pay she is doing ok but my boy that was 13 when we came over and didnt pick it up as well and if your not fluent turkish by the time they start the lissesi its just too hard its not as easy for kids as we like to think . my bot has now missed out on 2 years of education.if the kids are not as enthusiastic they wont get on

Offline cas

Turkish Tutor
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 20:27:48 PM »
Thanks for that tracey,,,I have 3 kids, and my partner has a 13 year old daughter, who speaks really good english,,I dont think i will be paying for them to go to a Turkish private school. 1 question,,WHY DID YOU MOVE TO TURKEY AND WITH KIDS THE SAME AGE AS MINE, different life, new life, love, my kids are 8,10 and 13, at secondary school now, my son is learning German, just for a year, then back to french, which he has learnt since year 1 primary school. i cant see the point in him learning german, i did for 5 years, and have used it twice..when i went to germany
Am i right in thinking that the kids cant go to a NORMAL turkish school until they know the language, which is obvious as it would be no use if they cant speak /understand the language,
My partner has many friends whos children now speak Turkish, with a english /Turkish parent,
The kids and myself have learned a few words, basics, but my partner knows of a Turkish lady, who speaks very good english, and he thinks maybe she is a tutor/teacher, her husband is called Martin, i dont know her name, any ideas ? WOULD YOU DO IT AGAIN IF YOU HAD THE CHOICE ?  ANY REGRETS MOVING TO TURKEY TO LIVE WITH YOUR KIDS,,teachers at my childrens primary school have said they will pick it up rather quickly as they are young enough,,,but turkish isnt an easy language. but neither is ENGLISH...Please keep in touch, as i may have other questions for you, if you dont mind. THANKS CAS.

Offline cas

Turkish Tutor
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 20:32:27 PM »
He can help, but his english isnt PERFECT, his daughter will help them as she learns english at school and speaks, understands and writes it really well, I am still thinking that a at home tutor would be a great help to them, PLEASE e mail Rosie,or get her to e mail myself..I REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE IT..THANKS SCUNNER,,,

Offline tracey1398

Turkish Tutor
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 04:34:56 AM »
i think you have misunderstood me there are no english schools here only the private turkish ones which you have to pay......and there is absolutely no way that they can do the work in a state school unless they are nearly fluent....and yes although we love it here we perhaps should  have thought  about kids schooling more luckly my daughter 9 picked it up quickly but we are still paying out for extra lessons even though she is nearly fluent.....my son has now lost all schooling from 13......all im saying is be prepared for a long and expensive struggle...id be glad to help in any way i can  8)

Offline cas

Turkish Tutor
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 16:01:32 PM »
Thanks Tracey,,,it was my partner who said that they would go to a PAID FOR ENGLISH SCHOOL, unless i misunderstood him - which is quite easily done...My partner and I have discussed the childrens schooling, and although the kids have picked up a few basic words, its gonna take maybe a year+ to be fluent, all kids are different, my other 2 - ages 8 and 10 have picked up more, my eldest just a few words, Us moving, living, in Calis isnt going to happen next week, I have as does my partner need to be ready, money, is the main and the kids education, i want to do this, as i am un happy here in UK, but i dont want to seem selfish for that reason, ie the kids,
I have just come back, i spent 5 days with my partner, and we discussed the future, but he said , maybe 18/2 years later, for us to move out there  and be a family with him, which i am happy about, we intend to return to calis in the summer - possibly before,right flight price for me helps, the intentions are to spend at least 2/3 months in calis, and live the life, as appose to be on holiday, just to see what we think, experiance the turkish life, I love calis, and the people, and ofcourse my partner, but its always been a holiday for us, He lives within walking distance from Sunday market and Cafe Pazar, i have some knowledge of the area, and just think it will be a  new life for all of us, still some sorting out to do, but I am positive about it happening, thanks for the help,. maybe we will meet at cafe pazar for a bira one day,,i may even of been there when u was and obviously had no idea,,CAZ

Offline cas

Turkish Tutor
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 22:56:25 PM »
Hi Tracy, Just a quick note, me and the children are going out again, 8-22 march,,got a good deal with the flights..so, it would be great to actually meet, i know the cafe pazar, like i say, i have a son of 13, and i am sure it would be great for him and your son to meet, and your daughter and mine too, imogen is 8, son no 2 is 10. Where abouts do you live, any where near cafe pazar, ilhans house is within walking distance so it isnt that far for us. Hope to meet in March, take care, Cas

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf