Author Topic: Omeprazole  (Read 8819 times)

Offline karenChris

Omeprazole
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 14:59:36 PM »
You are correct they are not the same drug
Omeprazole 20mg 14 capsules 4.60tl
Call into Karens Kards Fethiye I will introduce you to the chemist I use near my shop

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Omeprazole
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 18:00:06 PM »
Originally posted by lance

what sort of symptoms does this acid give you i keep getting pains at bottom of my rib cage below  heart ,they said it could be acid but never gave anything for it i wonder if the honey might help.
                        8)
Try an antacid first Lance ,if that helps go on to  the Munauka Honey.

This article should help with description of symptoms
http://www.nhs24.com/content/default.asp?page=s5_4&articleID=486

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Omeprazole
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 18:15:50 PM »
Chuck those damned masking drugs in the bin for good after trying Manuka.
NO side effects, it's a CURE not a mask & in 90%+ of cases it works - it CURES you!
Linda - who spent 10yrs working for a major pharmaceutical & has horror stories to tell by galore. I used to see a great number of the customer complaints with bad side effects etc. I had to retest the drugs involved - I would NOT put my name on the test sheets unless they allowed me to put MY results on - they often wouldn't! The pet Chemist somehow always managed to get all within specs - after spending hours on the calculators ! GRRRRRRRRRRRR
The pharmaceuticals don't get it right all the time!

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Omeprazole
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 19:01:40 PM »
Have to agree Linda. I was told that Tramadol was NOT addictive.  Three years later they admit it is  and even have it on the side effects.

Unfortunately I can't find anything else to deal with my symptoms.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Omeprazole
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 23:08:07 PM »
Originally posted by lance

ken why dont you get 4 months supply from doctor to save some money
what sort of symptoms does this acid give you i keep getting pains at bottom of my rib cage below  heart ,they said it could be acid but never gave anything for it i wonder if the honey might help.
                        8)

Lance, I do not need more than my normal month supply  :). It was Ian who posted the question about supplies in Turkey. As for your pains I suggest you see your doctor rather than try to get a "forum diagnosis" although your pains sound familiar :-\.
Linda the Manuca did not work for me although I may not have given it long enough.
Cheers
Ken :D

Offline lindacarl

Omeprazole
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 01:22:36 AM »
Manuka - isn't a 'quick cure'. It HAS to be taken regularly for 3 months or so to kill all the H Pylori. IF H Pylori is the cause - in over 90% of cases, it is, then it WILL cure the problem NOT just mask it & leave you taking a drug that possibly has long-term side effects for the rest of your days.

Offline jackstee

Omeprazole
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2009, 16:39:24 PM »
Hi Linda

Problem is that there are probably a lot of us who would like to try Manuka but I haven't yet found it in Fethiye

Steve

Offline lindacarl

Omeprazole
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2009, 17:46:40 PM »
Maybe one of the pharmacies might get some in for you. It should be Active 10+ UMF or better (the better ones can cost though & Active 10+ is sufficient for most problems - acid reflux, ulcers, wounds, MRSA etc. The 'in the know' pharmacies here can & do get it in. You can order directly from New Zealand BUT I know the post isn't too great especially it seems for expats. The trouble is that you'll be getting through around a dozen or so jars in the 3 months you need to take it. £70-£80 from Sainsburys to CURE the problem isn't excessive + we can just pop in for another jar whenever we need it. Maybe speaking to a friendly pharmacist & doing some research on prices from New Zealand might be the key?

Offline Sharon_Lawtey

Omeprazole
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2009, 21:42:57 PM »
hi, i was on these omeprazole tablets and they did no good, i suffered for a long time with my stomach, in the end i was told  i  had a leaky gut  and  advised to use natural products, so i take a digestaid and a probioitic,  six month later my  leaky gut has healed and i am well, but still take the natural aids

Offline Sharon_Lawtey

Omeprazole
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2009, 22:15:16 PM »
lindacarl i  have sent you an e mail, hope this is ok, thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf